Juneteenth Day Observance

Records & Registration

Office of the Registrar, Student Affairs

Student Services Center
Bayramian Hall 1st Floor Lobby

18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

Phone: (818) 677-3700

Send email

Questions? Visit the
Registrar’s Office Contact Page

Admitted Graduate Students

Congratulations on Your Admission!

We’re excited to know you’ll be joining the CSUN Matador family. To secure your place as a newly admitted masters, doctoral, or credential student, you’ll need to complete these steps.

Steps to Finalize Your Admission

Ask your college or university to send your final, official transcripts to the CSUN Office of the Registrar on your college's official letterhead. Transcripts may be sent directly from your school, electronically or via sealed envelope.

Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed the course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts. You can check for missing transcripts and other incomplete tasks in your CSUN Portal Checklist (login required).

How to Send Transcripts

Electronic Transcripts:

  • When ordering your school's electronic transcripts, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient. If this option is not available, use registrar@csun.edu as the recipient email address.
  • To send California Community College transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.
  • Please do not send identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts.

Paper Transcripts:

If your college doesn’t offer electronic transcripts, have paper transcripts sent to the address below in sealed, unopened envelopes:

California State University, Northridge 
Office of the Registrar
18111 Nordhoff Street 
Northridge, CA 91330-8207 

You may also hand deliver transcripts in sealed, unopened envelopes to the Office of Admissions in Bayramian Hall (BH) Room 160 during office hours.

Start Planning Early

For additional information on financing your education, contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department. Visit the Student Financial Services website for the latest on tuition and fees.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

To be considered for federal financial aid, as well as state aid for California residents, you’ll need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).

Federal and state financial aid include resources such as grants, part-time job opportunities and student loans for eligible students. Learn more about types of aid at Financial Aid Basics.

Important Deadlines

  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) as soon as possible.

  • FAFSA tip: Use the IRS data retrieval option to reduce errors and list CSUN's federal school code 001153 on your FAFSA.

  • The FAFSA application is available in December for the coming 2024-2025 academic year.

  • File your FAFSA by May 2 for priority consideration and the best opportunities in the 2024-2025 academic year for California.

  • California residents must also file FAFSA or CADAA by May 2 to be considered for a State University Grant in 2024-2025.

How to Apply for CSUN Scholarships

To apply for institutional scholarships, log in to myMatador Scholarships with your CSUN user ID and password. You will see the list of scholarships including eligibility and application requirements for each one. Please note that each CSUN scholarship requires a separate application and essay.

Students awarded CSUN scholarships will be notified in late May.

Log in to your CSUN Portal for updates on your application and award status. Visit CSUN on-campus scholarships for additional scholarship opportunities posted throughout the year.

How to Apply for External Scholarships

In addition to the scholarships available through CSUN, a number of external companies and organizations offer scholarships each year. To maximize external scholarship possibilities,  apply for as many relevant scholarships as possible.

To learn more about external scholarships, visit our off-campus scholarships website.

Guidelines for Financial Aid and Scholarships

Based on available funding, financial aid and scholarship applications are reviewed and aid is awarded throughout the year.

Log in to the CSUN Portal to view your Financial Aid awards. For navigation help, visit Financial Aid How To Guides.

If registered for classes and your aid is available, University Cash Services will apply financial aid funds to any charges on your account and issue refunds for any remaining amount. University Cash Services will send you an email once your funds have disbursed.

To receive your refund via direct deposit, sign up for eRefund by early August.

Before enrolling in classes, we suggest scheduling an appointment for academic advisement with your graduate program coordinator, whose name and contact information are available below:

If you are a member of the Deaf and hard-of-hearing community, you will be advised by both your graduate program coordinator and CSUN’s NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.

Ask your program coordinator about any requirements to attain graduate student classified status.

We think you'll enjoy exploring the Graduate Studies website for events, funding opportunities and resources especially for graduate students. Be sure to check out the Graduate Student Handbook, too.

Look for your registration appointment. It displays online in the CSUN Portal Checklist. Clear any registration holds before registering.

Learn about self-service registration with these resources:

Tuition and other fees are due at the time you register but no later than the payment due dates.

How to Pay Your Fees

  1. Log in to the CSUN Portal.
  2. In the list of links below the Top Tools icons, select Make a Payment.
  3. On the Student Account Information page, review your Current Balance Outstanding.
  4. Select the CSUN Payment button.

For additional information regarding fee payment, download the Important Fee Payment Requirements (PDF) document. It's updated each term.

Please be aware of the student disclosure regarding the Schedule of Tuition and Other Fees.

To promote public health and safety, the California State University (CSU) has long-established immunization requirements. Under the direction of the CSU Chancellor’s Office, students must meet the immunization standards by the end of their first and/or second semesters to avoid holds on class registration.

Find detailed requirements, updates and instructions at Klotz Student Health Center Immunizations, including:

  • A current list of required immunizations
  • A tutorial on how to upload proof of immunization or immunity through CSUN’s “myHealth Patient Portal”
  • Requirements for students enrolled in health care fields of study or teacher education programs


We want to communicate with you! So please:

  • Check your CSUN email regularly for the latest information.
  • Verify your mailing address in the CSUN Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.

Best wishes for your first semester at California State University, Northridge!

The Office of Graduate Studies organizes special events that promote graduate student academic success, such as:

  • Advancement to Graduate Education Conference (AGE)
  • Graduate Records Exam (GRE) Workshops
  • New Graduate Student Orientation*
  • Student Success Series
  • Graduate Student Handbook

Graduate Studies also encourages research and scholarship by funding several awards and programs for masters and doctoral students. Learn more at Funding Programs and Student Funding.

*Attend New Graduate Student Orientation, designed by Graduate Studies to increase your awareness of special events, financial opportunities and academic policies pertaining to graduate programs.

  • Graduate Student Orientation is held before the fall semester begins. You may also review the online slide presentation anytime during your first semester.

Records & Registration

Office of the Registrar, Student Affairs

Student Services Center
Bayramian Hall 1st Floor Lobby

18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

Phone: (818) 677-3700

Send email

Questions? Visit the
Registrar’s Office Contact Page

Scroll back to the top of the page