Equity & Diversity

Title IX: Gender Equity and Sexual Misconduct

Please contact our office with any questions or concerns via phone at 818-677-2077.




California State University Northridge is committed to fostering an environment in which all members of our campus community are safe and free from sexual misconduct of any form. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, or sexual orientation in its education programs or activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).  Title IX protects all people regardless of their gender or gender identity from sex discrimination, which includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.

Policies and Executive Orders


Who to Contact for Help

California State University, Northridge has designated the AVP for the Office of Equity and Compliance as its campus Title IX Coordinator to monitor and oversee issues of sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination and harassment.  Your campus Title IX Coordinator is available to explain and discuss: 

  • Your right to file a criminal complaint;
  • The University’s administrative complaint and investigation process;
  • How confidentiality is handled; available resources, both on and off campus; and other related matters. 

For emergencies, please call the police immediately by dialing 9-1-1. 

Campus Care Advocates:

Suzanne Mendez    

Alexis Mendoz      

Klotz Student Health Center, 2nd Floor, Room 201

(818) 677-7492

Title IX Coordinator:

Barrett Morris
Office of Equity and Diversity
University Hall 285
Phone:  (818) 677-2077 or http://www.csun.edu/eqd/
Hours:  Monday – Friday,  8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

University Police:

Monday – Friday:  8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (818) 677-2201
All other hours:  (818) 677-2111 (24 hour police dispatch)

U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights:

(800) 421-3481 or ocr@ed.gov
If you wish to fill out a complaint form online with the OCR, you may do so at: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html.