After You Apply
What to Expect After Applying
We’re excited you've applied to CSUN!
As our admissions team prepares to review your application, here's a look at what to expect between now and when you receive your admissions decision.
- Admissions applications will be reviewed following the application deadline of the term for which you've applied.
- Applications will be considered based upon the information shared on your application and the academic qualifications of the applicant pool.
- If you've applied for the fall semester, you can expect an admissions decision as early as mid-March, available in myNorthridge Portal.
- If you've applied for the spring semester, you can expect an admissions decision as early as mid-November, available in myNorthridge Portal
What to Do After Applying
Create your myNorthridge Portal account by completing the steps below:
- Visit the CSUN login page and enter the user ID and Password found in the email you received from Admissions & Records after submitting your admissions application.
- Enter your ID, password and date of birth, and select “activate.” Upon activating your account, you’ll receive an email with a temporary password.
- Visit the CSUN home page to authenticate your myNorthridge account using your user ID and temporary password. After entering your information, select “Log In.”
- With email being our primary form of communication throughout the admissions process, it’s important to keep your email address updated and check your email often.
If you forward your CSUN Gmail messages to a separate email, be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list.
Check Your Status
Review My Checklist in your myNorthridge Portal. You'll be able to see what items CSUN has received and evaluated, as well as steps. It will also describe your application status. For additional help, see My Checklist Guide
Remember to Follow Up
Here are some tips to keep you on course to meeting admission requirements:
Any courses listed as “in progress” or “planned” on your admissions application must be completed with the minimum required grades for your applicant group (first-time freshman, transfer, graduate, international, etc.). You must also maintain the overall GPA reported on your application.
Return to your student category page to review your requirements.
Log in to myNorthridge Portal regularly to check your admission status and review any missing items in My Checklist. Read your CSUN email often for opportunities, guidance, special events and any unfinished business related to your application.
Be sure to mark your calendar for important deadlines for intent to register (if applicable), transcripts, optional test scores and other documents.
If you sent us preliminary transcripts for work-in-progress, follow up by sending your final transcripts as soon as you complete the course work and your grades are posted.
Should your admissions status change to denied due to one of the items mentioned above, your only option would be to go through an appeals process.
We will notify you with an offer of admission in My Checklist, by email and by regular mail. Be sure to update your mailing address and other contact information in myNorthridge Portal, using the steps in the Update Personal Information Guide.
Please note: Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including those for undergraduate students who are affected by campus impaction and impacted majors.
Send Us Your Transcripts
After you apply for admission, send us official transcripts so that we can determine your admission eligibility. We need:
- Preliminary transcripts for any course work now in progress.
- Final transcripts as soon as you have completed in-progress course work and your grades are posted.
You’ll find Transcript Submission Information in your student category page.