As part of CSUN’s commitment to excellence through diversity and inclusion, all learning and course materials distributed to students must be made accessible. This means all materials including hand-outs (printed and electronic), videos, software, and course content within a learning environment, such as Canvas, must follow accessibility and universal design requirements to enhance student learning and ensure all students have access to information regardless of any disabilities.
This page will provide information and resources that will help in creating accessible and universally inclusive materials for all students. The Universal Design Center (UDC) is available for consultations and training at email@example.com or, during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific time), at (818) 677-5898.
Online & Self-Paced Accessibility Modules are now available in the Canvas learning management system. Enter your CSUN user ID and password to self-enroll Accessibility Modules with Canvas course.
- Universal Design Principles
- Instructional Materials
- Web Accessibility
- Accessibility FAQs
- Support Remote Learning and Teaching
- CSUN Academic Technology on YouTube
- Teaching through Disruption (Faculty Development)
- Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
- NCOD Operations for Virtual Learning Updates
- CAST: Until learning has no limits
- UDL for Higher Education (CAST)
- UDL Guidelines (CAST)
- Universal Design: Process, Principles, and Applications (UW)