This page is an overview for creating accessible PowerPoint using Microsoft PowerPoint. Accessible PowerPoint allows information to be readily available for assistive technology. Screen readers can easily navigate the content when accessibility is considered during the design process. This will not only benefit people with disabilities, but overall usability will improve for all users.
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Essentials For Windows (.pdf)
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Essentials For Mac (.pdf)
- PowerPoint Designing with Accessibility
- Document Learning Tools
- Always add accessibility to a PowerPoint during the design/creation process. Do not wait until the end to add accessibility.
- Consider readability for content development.
- Use the Accessibility Checker to scan your presentations.
- Save the file name with dashes or underscores between words such as PowerPoint-Essentials-2018.pptx or PowerPoint_Essentials_2018.pptx
- Best practice is to convert a PowerPoint to a PDF for enhanced mobility and accessibility.
- WebAIM PowerPoint Accessibility
- Microsoft PowerPoint Cheatsheet
- Microsoft Support on PowerPoint Presentations Accessible
- PowerPoint 2013 & 2016: Designing Accessible Presentations
- PowerPoint Accessibility
- Making Accessible PDFs from PowerPoint