Summer Training and Other Programs & Resources
It's been quite a semester and you've made it! If you're now ready for professional development to help you go from surviving teaching online, to thriving and enjoying teaching online, visit the Help 4 Faculty page for a number of programs to consider joining this summer!
Support Remote Learning and Teaching
In the event of a situation caused by any number of factors, your ability to continue your class in the manner that you’ve planned may be impacted. This guide helps you find alternatives for these situations. Please contact the Faculty Technology Center for help and more information about course related matters at (818) 677-3443 or the Technology Support Center at (818) 677-1500 for business related matters.
*The workshops assume that you are already using CSUN email to communicate regularly and know how to use Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). If you are not comfortable with one or more of the above, here are some resources to help you get prepared:
If the Windows Basics guides do not look like your PC computer, please contact your college tech.
In preparation, it is recommended that a "toolkit" be created so that when faced with a need, the tools you need to assist with teaching are readily available. Please visit the Keep Teaching - Emergency Toolkit page for a suggested list of items that could be useful during this time.
Accessibility must always be considered whether on-campus or off. To ensure that accessibility standards are being met, visit Keep Teaching - Accessibility.
To continue communication with students and staff, please visit the Keep Teaching - Communication page.
Do You Need an Internet Connection?
If you do not have access to the Internet from off-campus, please visit Internet Connectivity for Users Who Do Not Have It.
Resources & Tools
To assist with instruction, please visit Keep Teaching - Resources & Tools.
Teaching Through Disruption
Disruptions to our campus can be stressful for everyone involved. As faculty members, we can support our students by finding ways to help them continue to learn under difficult circumstances. For information on how to navigate this challenge, visit the Teaching Through Disruption page.
- IT Help Center
- Email: email@example.com (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Phone: (818) 677-1400 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Extended Hours Coming Soon
- Extended Hours:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-8 p.m.) (Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Phone: (818) 677-3443 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-8 p.m.) (Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Drop-in help via Zoom: https://csun.zoom.us/j/695328211 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-8 p.m.) (Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Regular Hours:
- Email: email@example.com (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Phone: (818) 677-3443 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Phone: (818) 677-5898 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Classroom Support
- Phone: (818) 677-1500 (Mon-Thur 8 a.m.-10 p.m.) (Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) (Sat 8 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Canvas 24/7 Support (Faculty Only)
- email@example.com (response time: typically one hour)