Videos, captured lectures, recorded presentations – instructional media – must all have captions. (This is existing federal law, state law and CSU policy.) Whether it’s on Canvas or in a classroom, all instructional media with audio must be captioned. We’re here to help!
Contact NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services for information on getting closed captions and transcripts for instructional media.
- Contact your department librarian to discover other offerings from the Oviatt Library.
- Contact the Universal Design Center with more questions.
- Tseng College, contact the Distance Learning team.
- On myCSUNbox*, faculty creates a folder named “NCOD Captioning – [Professor’s last name]” and gives access as “Co-Owner.”
- Faculty uploads media and supporting files to this folder.
- Faculty member fills out NCOD’s “New Media Request” at least 6 weeks in advance.
For more information: