What can the Division of Student Affairs do for you? To find out information about some of the key services for CSUN students, simply select one of the headings below and browse the listed links.
Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Students
Students With Disabilities
Students With Children
Academic Grievance and Grade Appeal
If you're a student who is a part of the California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) or Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN) programs, our faculty and staff across the campus are here to provide any information you need. We're dedicated to your success!
Plan a visit
The CalWORKs/GAIN office provides support and assistance, so that you may meet compliance requirements with the Los Angeles County Department of Social Services. Your CalWORKs/Gain campus liaison, Lillian Lewis, is available during the following business hours in Bayramian Hall 130 to answer questions and assist with paperwork.
Wednesday: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Before you visit, please complete the following steps.
- Contact your case worker for a GN 6005 or GN 6006 form or another agency document that'll serve as an appropriate appointment referral.
- Contact Lillian Lewis to schedule your first appointment by phone, (818) 677-5874, or email, email@example.com
- Contact your major's department to request an advisement appointment.
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your CSUN transcripts and degree progress report (DPR), and print out your current class schedule. Bring these items, along with your student ID, to your appointment with Lillian.
The following information will assist you in filling out the various forms associated with the CalWORKs/GAIN initiative at CSUN. Please review the instructions for each form carefully.
Student information form
This form is to be used by the CalWORKs/GAIN participant when referred to the CalWORKs/GAIN liaison staff by the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) CalWORKs/GAIN caseworker/director at the referring community college program. Please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the student demographic section of the form and take it to your initial contact meeting with the CSUN CalWORKs/GAIN liaison, Lillian Lewis.
- If you are unsure about a response, leave it blank and discuss with the Lillian Lewis during your initial meeting.
- Sign the form and date it in the presence of the CSUN intake staff.
- Take your CSUN student ID to the first meeting.
Book request form
This form is to be used by the CalWORKs/GAIN participant to request a reimbursement for books, fees, and supplies related to the self-initiated program (SIP) at CSUN. Please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the top portion, and indicate the term of the request (e.g., fall 2014).
- Fill out the top portion of the form only.
- Read the instructions and complete the remaining section of the form.
- Sign the form and date it in the presence of the CSUN CalWORKs/GAIN liaison.
Work-related activity checklist form
This form is to be used by CalWORKs/GAIN participants to account for the required SIP regulation hours. Please follow the steps below.
- Download and complete the form.
- Only fill in hours that have been preapproved by your DPSS CalWORKs/GAIN caseworker.
- Sign the form and date it in the presence of the CSUN CalWORKs/GAIN liaison staff.
Education Opportunity Program (EOP)
Health and Safety
CSUN is proud to provide instructional strategies that give you the physical, social, emotional and intellectual support needed for success. There is always someone to help along the way, as long as you’re willing to seek ask. To get started, follow the links below.
From Majors to Careers
Learning and Study Resources
Bayramain Hall first-floor lobby: 13 computers available