Online access to accommodations and services
Students registered with the Disability Resources and Educational Services office have access to the Web-based Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS). SAAS is used to manage the alternative testing process and to request academic accommodations, support services and alternative testing. Log in to SAAS here.
DRES launched the online Notetaker Application in the Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS) during the Spring 2016 semester. DRES and NCOD students with the approved accommodation of “Shared Notes” will be able to recruit and manage their notetakers online. Please visit our Accommodation Procedures site, under “Shared Notes” for more information.
If you have problems accessing SAAS, the issue may be your Web browser. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
If you need assistance accessing or using SAAS, drop by the DRES office in Bayramian Hall 110 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. You can also call (818) 677-2684 for phone support or email email@example.com.
Scheduling exams at DRES using SAAS
- Exam requests must be submitted in SAAS 5 days prior to the exam date.
Note: Saturday exams (during fall/spring only) are scheduled by appointment only. To schedule a Saturday exam, contact DRES via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (818) 677-2684, or in person in BH-110.
- Final exam requests must be submitted in SAAS 10 days prior to the posted deadline date/time.
- Standardized exams must be scheduled with the DRES office after registration and payment with University Testing. Contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 to schedule a standardized exam at least 5 days prior to the exam date.
- All scheduled exams must be completed by the close of business, including exams submitted by DRES staff on behalf of students.
Important final exam information for students, faculty and staff
Fall 2018 final exams must be submitted in SAAS 10 days prior to the submission deadline date and time, Friday, November 30, 2018 at noon.
Note: Due to the high number of exam requests, final exam scheduling deadlines are strictly enforced. In order to submit a final exam date after the deadline, a meeting at DRES with a counselor and an administrative review of each request may be required.
Scheduling a final exam in SAAS is different than scheduling a regular exam, midterm, or quiz. When final exam requests are submitted in SAAS, SAAS determines if the exam is scheduled during the designated finals' week. If the exam request date occurs during the week of final exams, SAAS prompts the user with an internal message to select a final exam time block. The SAAS Add Exam screen updates, providing the screen options for the user to select an exam date and time block (9 a.m., 1 p.m. or 5 p.m.).
DRES Fall 2018 final exam schedule
The final exam period for CSUN is scheduled from Wednesday, December 12, 2018 to Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
Fall 2018 final exam requests must be submitted (scheduled) prior to noon on Friday, November 30th, 2018.
- Wednesday, Dec. 12: start times, 9 a.m. 1 and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, Dec.13: start times, 9 a.m. 1 and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Friday, Dec.14: start times, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Saturday, Dec.15: start times, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Monday, Dec.17: start times, 9 a.m. 1 and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Dec. 18: start times, 9 a.m. 1 and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
Commencing Wednesday, December 19th, 2018, Alternative Testing transitions to a Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. testing schedule.
For more information, regarding scheduling final exams, or one-on-one SAAS training, please contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 or email email@example.com.