Online access to accommodations and services
Students registered with the Disability Resources and Educational Services office have access to the Web-based Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS). SAAS is used to manage the alternative testing process and to request academic accommodations, support services and alternative testing. Log in to SAAS here.
DRES launched the online Notetaker Application in the Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS) during the Spring 2016 semester. DRES and NCOD students with the approved accommodation of “Shared Notes” will be able to recruit and manage their notetakers online. Please visit our Accommodation Procedures site, under “Shared Notes” for more information.
If you have problems accessing SAAS, the issue may be your Web browser. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
If you need assistance accessing or using SAAS, drop by the DRES office in Bayramian Hall 110 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. You can also call (818) 677-2684 for phone support or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduling exams at DRES using SAAS
- Exam requests must be submitted in SAAS 5 days prior to the exam date.
Note: Saturday exams (during fall/spring only) are scheduled by appointment only. To schedule a Saturday exam, contact DRES via email at email@example.com, by phone at (818) 677-2684, or in person in BH-110.
- Final exam requests must be submitted in SAAS prior to the posted final exam deadline date and time.
- Standardized exams must be scheduled with the DRES office after registration and payment with University Testing. Contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 to schedule a standardized exam prior to the University Testing Center Deadline. Adhering to the University Testing Center deadline ensures that standardized exam services are properly coordinated for all campus test participants.
- Scheduled exams must be completed by the scheduled close of business, including exams submitted by DRES staff on behalf of students.
Important final exam information for students, faculty, and staff
Spring 2020 final exam requests for exams scheduled at DRES must be submitted in SAAS prior to the final exam scheduling deadline, which is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020.
The procedure for scheduling final exams in SAAS is slightly different than scheduling regular exams, midterms, or quizzes. When final exam requests are submitted in SAAS, the system determines if the exam is scheduled during the designated finals week. If so, SAAS prompts the user via an internal message to select an available exam date and time from the SAAS Exam Start Time list.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of exam requests, the final exam scheduling deadline will be strictly enforced. In order to submit a final exam date request after the deadline, an in-person meeting with a DRES counselor and an administrative review of each request will be required.
The DRES Spring 2020 Final Exam Schedule
Spring 2020 final exam requests must be submitted (scheduled) prior to 5 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020.
The final exam period for CSUN is scheduled from Saturday, May 9, 2020 to Friday, May 15, 2020.
- Saturday, May 9: start times, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Monday, May 11: start times, 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 12: start times, 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 13: start times, 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Thursday, May 14: start times, 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Friday, May 15: start times, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (testing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
For more information regarding scheduling final exams, or to participate in a one-on-one SAAS training, please contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning Monday, May. 18, 2020, Alternative Testing transitions to a summer regular testing schedule: (Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).