International and Exchange Student Center
Fall 2021 IESC Services and Support Update:
Please review the information below for guidance on the available IESC services. Please note that although in-person services remain limited at this time, we are here to support you with any advisement needs Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please consult with your Advisors for any needed in-person services.
Before visiting the campus and the IESC follow these Health and Safety Guidelines
- Please visit the following website for CSUN’s fall 2021 planning information: https://www.csun.edu/fall-2021-planning-gateway
At this time, numerous health and safety measures will remain in place. Keep checking here for the latest health and safety updates as the University prepares to welcome Fall 2021 — and you. For the health and safety, please follow the COVID-19 protocols as noted below before visiting the IESC office:
- Complete the Student Screening Survey. The survey is available at https://www.csun.edu/csunasone/health-and-safety.
- Hand Hygiene (as recommended by the CDC)
- Cloth Face Coverings (required)
- Practice social distancing
International Student Advisement
International Student Advisors are available to assist you Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. International student advisement services largely remain virtual with some degree of in-person availability. Please consult with your Advisors for any needed in-person services.
Please find below the four ways to contact us:
- Email us at ISAdvisement@csun.edu
- Register for any of our Virtual Group Advisement Webinars and Events at https://www.csun.edu/international/eventswebinars
- Have a quick question? Meet us for 10 minutes by booking your Express Advisement Appointment
Also, you may Contact Us at https://www.csun.edu/international/contact-us
Study Abroad and National Student Exchange Programs Advisement
- Study Abroad advisors are available for virtual appointments Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Interested students are encouraged to attend an online information session to learn more about the available programs CSUN has to offer.
- After attending/viewing an online information session, please email email@example.com with your availability to schedule a virtual appointment with a Study Abroad advisor.
- Students interested in setting up an in-depth meeting to discuss their program options and questions are encouraged to set up a virtual appointment by email.
- Your CSUN Study Abroad Advisors are Eleanor Wolgast and Rebecca Spector. Please consult with your Advisors for any needed in-person services.
Important Information for International Students during COVID-19
The International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) provides services to newly admitted and continuing international F-1 and J-1 visa students, Fulbright students and participants of the study abroad program and National Student Exchange (NSE).
The IESC also coordinates cultural and social events that allow our students to share their national heritage and get involved with the campus educational community. Additionally, the center provides information for on- and off-campus resources and contacts and tips in times of an emergency.
News and Announcements
This is a dedicated page for International Students to keep them informed during COVID-19. Please visit this page regularly. Read more
Have you cleared your foreign hold for the spring 2022 semester? Please read the information regarding the health insurance requirement and how to clear the foreign hold for the spring 2022 semester. Read more
Take full advantage of your registration appointment to ensure full-time enrollment for spring 2022. Please visit the important reminders for continuing international students for more information. Read more
Talking can help. Whether it is stress, sadness, difficulty adjusting to school, academic concerns, or relationship or family problems, sharing your concerns with another person can make a positive difference.
Let’s Talk is a safe, casual and confidential setting provided by University Counseling Services (UCS). A Let’s Talk counselor is available to listen, offer support, and provide resources and problem-solving tools.
This service is free to currently enrolled CSUN students and no appointment is needed.
Message from President Beck from the Office of the President.
Dear Campus Community,
While the COVID-19 pandemic has been replete with grief and tragic loss for all communities, bringing into stark focus the persistent and systemic structures of racism, the use of anti-Asian rhetoric to describe the virus has been particularly damaging to the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. Read more
IESC is hosting live webinars and events throughout the semester. The webinars will be conducted utilizing Zoom. Webinar topics will consist of Curricular Practical Training, Q&A POST-OPT, Immigration Advisement, and more. If you would like to attend one of the online webinars or events, please be sure to visit at our Events and Webinar page. Read more