- Travel Funds for the student to visit U.S. doctoral-granting institutions and/or to attend a professional meeting appropriate to the student's development.
- Funds for other related activities, such as student membership in professional organizations and subscriptions to journals, graduate school application and test fees, GRE preparation, and the cost of minor research materials.
- A Summer Research experience at a University of California campus or other major research university, fully funded by the Pre-Doctoral Program, so that the Scholar can participate in doctoral-level research.
Special Note: The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel, see website for more information https://www.csun.edu/travel/ab1887:
(Alabama, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and Texas).
- Eligibility is limited to junior, senior and graduate students who are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at any one of the CSU campuses at the time of application. At the time of award, applicants must be matriculated into a degree program and be enrolled in one semester or two quarters during the award year.
- Awards are based on competitive review of student applications and given to current upper-division or graduate students who, in the judgment of the review panel, demonstrate academic excellence while experiencing economic or educational disadvantage, as well as committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level.
- Each applicant must have a faculty sponsor who will be available for the duration of the plan specified in the application.
- International students
- Current or previous California Pre-Doctoral Scholars
Students interested in obtaining professional degrees (law, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, or an MBA degree) are not eligible.
Wednesday, January 13th from 11:00AM-12:00PM
Wednesday, January 13th from 3:00PM-4:00PM
To register for one of the January workshops, please click the link below!