The program provides a limited number of awards of up to $2,000 to economically disadvantaged students especially from groups that are underrepresented among graduate degree recipients in their areas of study. The fellowships are intended to minimize students’ debt, allowing them to complete their program more quickly. The award will be paid out in two semesters.
- Open to CSUN graduate students who are admitted in self-support master’s degree program (administered through CSUN’s Tseng College).
- Must have completed a FAFSA or California Dream Act application (CADAA) on file for the upcoming academic year.
- FAFSA and CADAA Estimated Family Contribution must be less than or equal to $10,000.
- Graduate CSUN GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.25
- Graduate students must be enrolled during the Fall 2024 & Spring 2025 terms of the award year. Note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Graduate students must participate in CSUN’s Annual Student Research Symposium (CSUNposium) which will be held in the spring semester (date to be determined).
- Upload a copy of current graduate unofficial transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Students of all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must complete an application form, a personal statement, and one letter of recommendation submitted by CSUN faculty member via the my Matador Scholarships Portal.
Note: In addition to meeting the basic qualifications listed above, applicants who demonstrate a record of strong academic performance will be advantaged within a competitive applicant pool.
To learn more about this program and to access the application, please click: Tseng Graduate Equity Program Application
Application Due Date: TBD
For technical assistance with the my Matador Scholarships portal please contact the Scholarship Office at (818) 677-4907.
SPECIAL NOTE: Your recommendation letter and application documents must be submitted through the myMatador Scholarship system. Your recommender will receive a request to submit the recommendation letter through the system, but please follow up with them to make sure that they submit by the due date.
An email notification will be sent as soon as a determination is made. However, the actual funding for the award is normally disbursed in October/November. Please note that the award may adjust or reduce other forms of your financial aid package.
Participate in CSUN’s Annual Student Research Symposium (CSUNposium) which will be held in the Spring term (date to be determined).