The program provides a limited number of fellowships from $2,000-4,000 to economically disadvantaged students especially from groups that are underrepresented among graduate degree recipients in their areas of study. The fellowships are intended to minimize students’ debt, allowing them to complete their program more quickly. The award will be paid out in two semesters.
- Enroll in graduate level courses.
- Graduate students must work closely with their faculty mentor on a project.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 terms.
- Graduate CSUN GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.25 and 2.7 GPA or better in all undergraduate work.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a CSUN State supported Master's degree program.
- Applicants enrolled in a credential, certificate, doctoral, or programs offered through the Tseng College will not be considered.
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum need of $1,000 by having a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Applicants must be considered a resident of the State of California for tuition purposes (students on F-1 or J-1 visas are not eligible).
- Applicants must upload copies of all undergraduate and graduate unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants must complete an application form, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation submitted by CSUN faculty members via the my Matador Scholarships Portal.
- Students of all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
In addition to meeting the qualifications, the strongest applicants must:
- Demonstrate a record of strong academic performance.
- Demonstrate experience in conducting research or other scholarly activities.
Application will be available in Spring 2022
To apply click here: Graduate Equity Program Application
For technical assistance with the my Matador Scholarships portal please contact the Scholarship Office at (818) 677-4907.
An email notification will be sent as soon as a determination is made. However, the actual funding for the fellowship is normally disbursed in October. Please note that the award of this fellowship may adjust or reduce other forms of your financial aid package.
Participate in CSUN’s Annual Student Research Symposium (CSUNposium) which will be held in Spring 2022 (date to be determined).