The program provides a limited number of fellowships from $2,000-4,000 to economically disadvantaged students especially from groups that are underrepresented among graduate degree recipients in their areas of study. The fellowships are intended to minimize students’ debt, allowing them to complete their program more quickly. The award will be paid out in two semesters
- have a minimum Graduate GPA of 3.25 or better & 2.7 in all undergraduate work
- be enrolled in a graduate degree program or admitted to a program for Fall 2021
- be enrolled in both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters
- be enrolled in a minimum of six-units each semester
- demonstrate a minimum need of $1,000 by filing a FAFSA or California Dream Act
- be considered a resident of the State of California for tuition purposes (students on F-1 or J-1 visas are not eligible)
- complete an application form, including a personal statement and two faculty letters or recommendation.
In addition to meeting the general eligibility requirements, the strongest candidates will:
- Demonstrate a record of strong academic performance
- Demonstrate experience in conducting research or other scholarly activities
Application Deadline: TBD
To apply click here: Graduate Equity Program Application
For technical assistance with myMatador Scholarships portal please contact the Scholarship Office at (818) 677-4907.
An email notification will be sent as soon as a determination is made. However, the actual funding for the fellowship is normally disbursed in October. Please note that the award of this fellowship may adjust or reduce other forms of your financial aid package.
For questions concerning this program, please contact Dr. Amy Levin.