Graduate Equity Program
Application Deadline: TBD
The Graduate Equity Program is designed to increase the diversity of students completing a graduate degree, encourage further study in a doctoral program and consider a university faculty career. This program is available to students enrolled in a State supported Masters degree program. International, credential only or certificate candidates are not eligible.
The program provides a limited number of fellowships from $2,000-4,000 to economically disadvantaged students especially from groups that are underrepresented among graduate degree recipients in their areas of study. The fellowships are intended to minimize students’ debt, allowing them to complete their program more quickly. The award will be paid out in two semesters.
- have a minimum Graduate GPA of 3.25 or better & 2.7 in all undergraduate work
- be enrolled in a graduate degree program or admitted to a program for Fall 2019
- be enrolled in both the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
- be enrolled in a minimum of six-units each semester
- demonstrate a minimum need of $1,000 by filing a FAFSA or California Dream Act
- be considered a resident of the State of California for tuition purposes (students on F-1 or J-1 visas are not eligible)
- complete an application form, including a personal statement and two faculty letters or recommendation.
In addition to meeting the general eligibility requirements, the strongest candidates will:
- Demonstrate a record of strong academic performance
- Demonstrate experience in conducting research or other scholarly activities
- Applicant link: https://csun.academicworks.com/opportunities/887
AWARD NOTIFICATION AND DISBURSEMENT
Email notification will be sent as soon as a determination is made. However, the actual funding for the fellowship is normally disbursed in October. Please note that the award of this fellowship may adjust or reduce other forms of your financial aid package.
Any questions should be directed to:
Academic Works Coordinator
CSUN Scholarship office