The Ph.D. Application Bootcamp was created to assist students who are applying to doctoral programs. Participants will learn about the application process and create drafts of the application components in this four-day program. The boot camp will be a combination of workshops, small groups, and one-on-one sessions organized by field of study.
Ph.D. Application Bootcamp
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Work in groups with their peers
- Receive one-on-one support from faculty
- Gain assistance with drafting their application materials
- Learn best practices & strategies for their application
The following topics will be covered:
- Application strategies & timeline
- Statement of Purpose & Diversity Statement
- Writing sample
- CV and GRE
- Short answer questions
- Interviews Tips
- Elevator Pitch
- School Selection
Bootcamp Meeting Dates and Information
Time: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Location: Hybrid (Zoom and In-Person)
How to register
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please complete the form below. You'll be sent detailed information about the event once we receive all RSVPs!
If you have any questions, please email Professor Schumacher at Heidi.Schumacher@csun.edu.