Do you still need to take the GRE?
The Office of Graduate Studies has created a GRE Library and has compiled a list of resources to assist students in preparing for the GRE. Please click on the tab below to view the resources for the GRE and to submit a request to reserve a book from the GRE Library.
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office at (818) 677-2138.
The best way to begin preparation for the GRE is to take a practice test to gain a better understanding of your areas for growth.
- ETS offers two free practice exams that simulate the actual test environment via their POWERPREP Online.
- In addition, all test-takers benefit from working on their vocabulary for the GRE. There are many free apps available that act as digital flashcards focused on GRE vocabulary. While the GRAD Center does not endorse any particular app, one example would be Magoosh.
- Another opportunity that works for busy students is to try podcasts that purposely use GRE words in context (one example is GRE Vocab).
- Some students can become overwhelmed by apps and web resources; We encourage those students to visit the University Library to find GRE books on general and subject exams (search "GRE" in OneSearch).
- Test preparation programs tend to be very expensive; students who receive the Fee Reduction for the GRE also qualify for free test preparation through ETS. Apply for the Fee Reduction now to gain access to these resources!
To submit a request, please complete the GRE Library request form (list of GRE Prep books are listed below).
- 5 lb Book of GRE Practice Problems on all Subjects
- Graduate Admissions Essays, Fourth Edition: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice
- Grad's Guide to Graduate Admissions Essays
- GRE Power Vocab
- GRE Power Vocab (Graduate School Test Preparation)
- MCAT Workout, 2022-2023
- Merriam-Webster’s Vocabulary Builder
- Princeton Review GRE Prep, 2023
- The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide For The Self-Driven Student
- The Vocabulary Builder Workbook
Intersested in Attending a workshop
If you are interested in attending a 1 hour and 30 minutes GRE workshop, please complete the GRE Request form.