- Field work (such as interviews, travel to field trip sites, surveys)
- Experiential (lab work, experiments)
- Theoretical (research into methodologies and exploration, engineering design)
- Performance/arts (composing of music, choreography, screenwriting)
If your research or project involves human or animal subjects, your application will not be funded unless your IRB/IACUC protocol is approved.
Eligibility is restricted to CSUN graduate students in a master’s or doctoral program, with a GPA of 3.3 or above. Student awards of up to $600 may be provided to individual students and up to $2,000 per student group based on a review of an application that outlines the research and anticipated costs.
Please note: International Students may have up to 30% withheld for Federal Income Tax.
- Individuals who previously received support from this program.
- CSUN staff receiving a university fee waiver.
- Students who have received funding for research associated with the Thesis support program.
- This funding is not for students working on a Thesis/Project or dissertation; we encourage you to apply for the Thesis Support Program: https://www.csun.edu/graduate-studies/thesisprojectdissertation-support-program.
- Submit an itemized list of all expenditures by June 30, 2024
- Participate in the CSUNposium scheduled in Spring 2024. Recipients of this award will receive an email notification about the event in December.
If awarded, note the following:
- The CSUN Financial Aid Office will create and disburse the award. If you are receiving financial aid this award may adjust or reduce other forms of aid in your financial package. If you have questions about how the award will be posted or might affect your aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at (818) 677-4085.
- University Cash Services will post the award to your student account and will be applied to any outstanding fees on your account. Any remaining balance will be remitted to you.