- Eligibility is restricted to CSUN graduate students in a master’s or doctoral program, with a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- All applicants are required to have either a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Please note: International Students may have up to 30% withheld for Federal Income Tax.
- Individuals who previously received support from this program.
- Any CSU employee or their dependents receiving a university fee waiver.
If your research or project involves human or animal subjects, your application will not be funded unless your IRB/IACUC protocol is approved.
Fall Thesis Support Application.
A completed application consists of your application submission and your Committee Chair electronic approval. Once you submit your application, the faculty member you select as your Committee Chair will receive an email notification of your Thesis Support application. Your Committee Chair must electronically approve your application by the deadline. Only complete applications will be considered.
If you have a Co-applicant, there is a space provided within the application for you to enter their information. DO NOT SUBMIT two applications.
- Student Due Date: Monday, October 23, 2023 by 12:00 PM
- Thesis/Project/Dissertation Committee Chair Approval Due Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 by 5:00 PM
- The CSUN Financial Aid Office will create and disburse the award. If you are receiving financial aid this award may adjust or reduce other forms of aid in your financial package.
- University Cash Services will post the award to your student account and will be applied to any outstanding fees on your account. Any remaining balance will be remitted to you.
To avoid confusion, it is best to pay any outstanding fees prior to the disbursement of this award. Be aware that your award will be disbursed as a refund through financial aid to your original form of payment for tuition and fees. Payments made by credit card will be credited back to the original card number. The 2.65% credit card service fee is not refundable. International Students may have up to 30% withheld for Federal Income Tax.
For questions concerning this program, please contact Dr. Amy Levin.