Application Due Date: Friday, February 21st by 5pm
(Click HERE to access the SPRING 2020 application)
Things you should know before submitting your Application
- You must be classified in order to apply and have a 3.3 GPA
- If your research involves Human/Animal Subjects, Federal regulations require that all research must undergo a review by a committee. To apply for this funding, you must have submitted your IRB or IACUC protocol application and received a protocol number. Please note: Projects will not be funded until your protocol has been approved If you are selected for funding.
- If you have an approved IRB you will need to upload your IRB APPROVAL Letter.
- You must provide a written abstract (no more than 300 words).
- Students must submit a budget justification for the following categories; Supplies, Minor Equipment, Travel (conference travel is not allowed), Library Searches, Performance Expenses (e.g. Music). Laptops/tablets are not allowed.
Eligibility is restricted to classified CSUN graduate students in a master’s or doctoral program, with a GPA of 3.3 or above. The maximum award granted is $1200. Due to the limited funding for this program, students who are selected may receive less than $1200. All applicants are required to have either a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Please note: International Students may have up to 30% withheld for Federal Income Tax.
Individuals who previously received support from this program.
Any CSU employee or their dependents receiving a university fee waiver.
Costs associated with travel to a research site, supplies, minor equipment, performance expenses and library searches are examples of expenditures that will be supported.
Food, laptop, computers, tablets and transcription services.
Conference travel to present research. If presenting at a conference, please visit the following websites to apply for a Graduate Student Travel Award
Human or Animal Subjects
- If your research or project involves human or animal subjects, your application will not be funded unless your IRB/IACUC protocol is approved.
Committee Chair approval
Once you submit your application, your Committee Chair will receive an email notification of your 2019 Thesis Support application. Your Committee Chair must electronically approve your application. Only complete applications will be considered. A completed application consists of your application submission and your Committee Chair electronic approval.
What must you do if chosen to receive support
- Submit an itemized list of all expenditures by Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
- If your research requires international travel you must obtain prior approval & travel insurance. Please contact Cyndi Paull in the Risk Management office at or (818) 677‐6830. For more information visit the Risk Management Office.