Application Due Date: Friday, October 9th by 5:00 pm
Fall 2020 application
Things you should know before submitting your Application
- You must have a 3.5 GPA
- If your research involves Human/Animal Subjects, Federal regulations require that all research must undergo a review by a committee. To apply for this funding, you must have submitted your IRB protocol application and received a protocol number. In addition, if your research involves Animal Subjects, you will need an approved IACAU number; please check with your faculty advisor for the number. Please note: Projects will not be funded until your protocol has been approved If you are selected for funding.
- You must provide a written abstract (no more than 300 words).
- Students must submit a budget justification for the following categories; Supplies, Minor Equipment, Travel (conference travel is not allowed), Library Searches, Performance Expenses (e.g. Music). Laptops/tablets are not allowed.
Eligibility is restricted to CSUN graduate students in a master’s or doctoral program, with a GPA of 3.5 or above. The maximum award granted is $1200. Due to the limited funding for this program, students who are selected may receive less than $1200. All applicants are required to have either a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Please note: International Students may have up to 30% withheld for Federal Income Tax.
- Individuals who previously received support from this program.
- Any CSU employee or their dependents receiving a university fee waiver.
Costs associated with travel to a research site, supplies, minor equipment, performance expenses and library searches are examples of expenditures that will be supported.
- Food, laptop, computers, tablets, transcription services, statistical consultants and creating/printing of posters.
- Conference travel to present research. Special Note: If presenting at a conference, please visit the following websites to apply for a Graduate Student Travel Award and Student Travel and Academic Research (STAR)
Human or Animal Subjects
If your research or project involves human or animal subjects, your application will not be funded unless your IRB/IACUC protocol is approved.
Committee Chair approval
Once you submit your application, the faculty member you select as your Committee Chair will receive an email notification of your 2020 Thesis Support application. Your Committee Chair must electronically approve your application. A completed application consists of your application submission and your Committee Chair electronic approval. Only complete applications will be considered.
What must you do if chosen to receive support
- Submit an itemized list of all expenditures by Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
- Participate in the CSUNposium scheduled on April, 9th, 2021. An email notification with the registration link will be sent to the recipient of this award in December.