Thesis Writing Retreat
Application is listed in the accordion section.
The Virtual Thesis/Project/Dissertation Writing Retreat is a 3 or 4-day event for graduate students who need help finishing their Thesis/Project/Dissertation. A writing expert from the Learning Resource Center will be available to assist students with questions. The retreat is offered in winter and summer during the week from 9AM to 2PM.
- Application opens: Friday, December 2nd, 2022
- Application due date: Monday, December 19th, 2022
- Email notification to the selected graduate students: Wednesday, December 21st, 2022
- Event Starts: Tuesday, January 10th - Thursday, January 12th
The retreat offers the following
- A virtual space via Zoom
- Feedback and assistance from two writing experts from the Learning Resource Center
Additional writing workshops on topics such as:
- Managing your time
- Working with your sources
- Writing your literature review
- Social support and peer to peer community building activities
Students commit to
Attend all of the scheduled Zoom meetings
What must you do if chosen to participate in this retreat?
- Bring what you’ve already written/rough draft
- Set writing goals for yourself and share those goals
How to Apply
Click HERE to access the application.
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office at (818) 677-2138.