Thesis Writing Retreat
Event Date: Monday, January 11th -Wednesday, January 13th
The Virtual Thesis/Project/Dissertation Writing Retreat is a 3 or 4-day event for graduate students who need help finishing their Thesis/Project/Dissertation. A writing expert from the Learning Resource Center will be available to assist students with questions. The retreat is offered in winter and summer during the week from 9AM to 2PM.
Please see below the information pertaining to the 3-Day Winter Retreat.
- Application opens: Monday, December 7, 2020
- Application due date: Monday, December 21, 2020
- Email notification to the selected graduate students: Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- Event Starts: Monday, January 11th -Wednesday, January 13th
The retreat offers the following
- A virtual space via Zoom
- Feedback and assistance from two writing experts from the Learning Resource Center
Additional writing workshops on topics such as:
- Managing your time
- Working with your sources
- Writing your literature review
- Social support and peer to peer community building activities
Students commit to
Attend all of the scheduled Zoom meetings
What must you do if chosen to participate in this retreat?
- Bring what you’ve already written/rough draft
- Set writing goals for yourself and share those goals
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office at (818) 677-2138.