Thesis Writing Retreat
Application is listed in the accordion section.
The Virtual Thesis/Project/Dissertation Writing Retreat is a 3 or 4-day event for graduate students who need help finishing their Thesis/Project/Dissertation. A writing expert from the Learning Resource Center will be available to assist students with questions. The retreat is offered in winter and summer during the week from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
- Application open now!
- Application due date: Monday, June 19th, 2023 by 5 p.m.
- Email notification to the selected graduate students: Wednesday, June 21st, 2023
- Event Starts: Monday, June 26th, 2023
The retreat offers the following
- A quiet place to work
- Feedback and assistance from two writing experts from the Learning Resource Center
Additional writing workshops on topics such as:
- Managing your time
- Working with your sources
- Writing your literature review
- Social support and peer to peer community building activities
Students commit to
Attend every day from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
What must you do if chosen to participate in this retreat?
- Bring what you’ve already written/rough draft
- Set writing goals for yourself and share those goals
How to Apply
Click HERE to access the application.
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office at (818) 677-2138.