CSUN Application Deadline: Friday, January 31st, 2020
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The goal of the California State University Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) is to increase the number of faculty with the qualifications, motivation, and skills needed to teach the diverse students of the CSU.
CDIP prepares promising doctoral students for CSU faculty positions by providing financial support,mentorship by CSU faculty and professional development and grant resources. It is the largest program of its kind in the U.S.
- Full-time enrollment in a doctoral program in the U.S.
- Not currently in a probationary/tenure-track CSU instructional faculty position
- Currently eligible to work in the United States
- Loans available in amounts of up to $10,000 per year up to a total of $30,000.
- Loans obtained through this program are repayable over a 15-year period, commencing one year after completion of or withdrawal from full time doctoral study.
- If a participant applies, competes for, and is hired in a CSU instructional faculty position after completion of the doctoral degree, 20 % of the loan will be forgiven for each year of full-time postdoctoral teaching employment in the CSU.
- Part-time teaching in the CSU may also be considered for partial loan forgiveness, if the participant teaches at least half-time and has successfully completed the doctorate degree.
The campus coordinator will organize two informational workshops.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE
- Personal qualifications and motivation statement
- Collaboratively constructed mentoring plan
- Letters of recommendation
- Position announcement
Note: All applications must be reviewed by the CDIP campus coordinator Hedy Carpenter before uploading to the Chancellors Office website.
For more information and to access the application, go to: http://www.calstate.edu/HR/CDIP/