You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted. Read more at provisional admission.
|Required Actions||Spring 2021||Fall 2020|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge Portal:||If you will attend CSUN, file intent as soon as you are admitted.||05/01/2020|
|Complete all course work required for admission by the end of:||the fall 2020 term||the spring 2020 term|
|Last day for CSUN to receive your final, official transcripts||01/10/2021**||07/15/2020**|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Find out if your California community college will accept CSUN's request for electronic transcripts at eTranscript California. If your college does not participate in eTranscript California, you will need to order official paper transcripts.
Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
- Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
—Fall 2020: Monday, May 1, 2020. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the Fall 2020 semester.
—Spring 2021: If you will attend CSUN, file intent as soon as you are admitted.
The Intent to Register link is located in the "My Status" box in myNorthridge Portal. Helpful: Intent to Register Guide. No deposit is charged to file Intent to Register at CSUN.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and grades are posted, but no later than the deadline for your semester of admission:
—Fall 2020: No later than July 15, 2020
—Spring 2021: No later than January 10, 2021
Save time and money! If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions at eTranscript California.
Be sure to look for missing transcripts in myNorthridge Portal > "My Checklist." Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed:
- All course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts, and
- The admissions criteria of 60 units and all basic subjects.
—Complete all Fall 2020 admission requirements by the end of the spring 2020 term. No summer course work will be considered for admission.
—Spring 2021: Complete all Spring 2021 admission requirements by the end of the fall 2020 term
If your school(s) do not participate in eTranscript California, send official, sealed paper transcripts to:
CSUN - Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan before enrolling in classes. Advisement depends on your academic college and major.
- Prepare for your meeting with the advisement checklist for first-time transfer students (.pdf).
- Read about academic advisement for transfer students.
- Check your CSUN Gmail regularly for advisement information.
- Make an advisement appointment with the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite for the academic college of your major or directly with your academic program/major.
- To avoid a registration hold, you should attempt the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Examination (UDWPE) as soon as possible after your admission and no later than the semester in which you complete 75 units including transfer units. View test dates and more on the CSUN Testing Center UDWPE page.
PLEASE NOTE: The UDWPE has been temporarily suspended to adhere to California Gov. Newsom’s social distancing guidelines. Please see the “UDWPE Suspended” notice on the CSUN Testing Center website.
- Look for your registration appointment. It displays in myNorthridge Portal under My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to add classes, view student financial account information, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. Helpful: How To Guides
- Learn about tuition and fees, payment methods and deadlines at University Cash Services and with the handy flyer Fee Payment Requirements & Options .(pdf).
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid in the coming academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Attend New Student Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
Meet immunization requirements. All new students entering CSUN (and any CSU campus) for the first time in Fall 2020 and after will need to meet updated immunization requirements. These are not required for admission but are conditions for enrolling in classes. Students not meeting the requirements may receive a registration hold that prevents enrollment in their second-semester classes. Learn more at Immunizations.
- If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services. See NCOD FAQs.
- If you were admitted with an Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T), find out how to keep the guarantee of completing your bachelor's degree in 60 more units at Planning Tools for ADT/STAR Act Students. You might also be interested in the California Promise Two-Year Pledge Program.
Finally, we want to communicate with you!
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at CSUN.