You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester.
|Required Actions||Spring 2016||Fall 2016|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge**||12/1/2015||7/1/2016|
|Last day for CSUN to receive your final, official transcripts||1/15/2016||TBA|
|Complete all course work required for admission by the end of:||the fall 2015 term||the spring 2016 term|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**You will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register if you are admitted after the following dates:
- Spring 2016 Enrollment: Admitted after November 17, 2015
- Fall 2016 Enrollment: Admitted after June 17, 2016
Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
- Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
—Spring 2016: Tuesday, December 1, 2015. See exception above.
—Fall 2016: Friday, July 1, 2016. See exception above. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the Fall 2016 semester.
The Intent to Register link is located in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal. For help, see the How To Guide Intent to Register. No deposit is charged to file Intent to Register at CSUN.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and grades are posted, but no later than the dates for your semester of admission:
—Spring 2016: By Friday, January 15, 2016
—Fall 2016: TBA
You can view missing transcripts in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed:
- All course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts, and
- The admissions criteria of 60 units and all basic subjects.
—Complete all Spring 2016 admission requirements by the end of the Fall 2015 term. No winter 2016 course work will be considered for admission.
—Complete all Fall 2016 admission requirements by the end of the Spring 2016 term. No summer course work will be considered for admission.
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan before enrolling in classes.
- Prepare for your meeting with the advisement checklist for first-time transfer students.
- Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers or the department of your major.
- To avoid a registration hold, you should attempt the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Examination (UDWPE) as early as possible after being admitted and no later than the semester in which you complete 75 units. View test dates and more on the CSUN Testing Center UDWPE page.
- Watch for your registration appointment. It appears in the paper Registration Access Mailer and online in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides for Students.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Attend New Student Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.