Sign in to https://mycsun.app.box.com/ with your CSUN user ID and password. Once you are logged in to your account, add collaborators and begin collaborating using a user's userID@csun.edu. If you don't know the user ID, search for the user within Box or request it from the user.
If you are a CSUN student, faculty or staff, you are automatically issued an individual myCSUNbox account. Use your individual account to store and share files that belong to you.
Divisions, colleges, departments, and other groups such as committees can obtain a group account by contacting the IT Help Center. Use group accounts to store and share files that belong to the group. If you have been granted access to a group account, it will appear as a folder with the group's name when you log in to myCSUNbox.
Best Practices for Group Accounts
- Owning a group account and adding group members – Each group account should have at least two co-owners; they are responsible for adding group members and owners for any subfolders.
- Naming your group account and creating subfolders – The IT Help Center will use your division, college, department, or committee's name for your group account's name. For divisions and colleges, your folder structure should mirror your organizational structure. For committees, use your committee's name.
- Sharing folders – When sharing a folder, share the highest-level folder accessed by that user; this will help reduce the number of folders in a user's account.
To access an accessible version of myCSUNbox:
- Go to a.box.com
- Enter your CSUN Email Address and Password, and then select the Log In button.
- A CSUN log in page displays. Enter your CSUN User ID and Password, and then select the Login button.
- The accessible version of myCSUNBox displays.
For more information on A.Box.Com, visit the Using A.Box.Com for Accessibility page.
myCSUNbox users can now collaborate in real-time by using Office Online. Edit a file at the same time as colleagues and external partners and see all changes being made as they happen. Whether it's a project plan in Word, sales proposal in PowerPoint or financial plan in Excel, you can edit it in real-time with others, in Box. All edits automatically save, avoiding version conflict - plus, you can pull up a previous version to reference old content whenever needed.
To see how it works, check out Box for Office Online with Real-Time Co-Authoring.
View the Box Add-Ons and Apps document to learn about add-ons for your desktop, laptop and apps for your mobile devices; these will will help you get the most out of your myCSUNbox account.
To learn how the CSU classifies confidential data, visit CSUN's Protected Data page.
Box Help and LinkedIn Learning offer an extensive library of resources for all users. We have compiled some of the most popular resources on the left-hand side of this page under Quick Guides and Must-See Videos.
No. Creating, updating, or deleting a file on one Box account has no effect on the other.
A myCSUNbox File Request gives you a secure way to request and obtain files. myCSUNbox uses an easy drag and group graphic interface, you create a web form that enables you to:
- Securely request files
- Gather information with Metadata which can be set as required/optional
- Enables extra security and email validation with link settings
- Kickoff work flows
To view the steps on how to make your own Box file request please visit CSUN's Creating a myCSUNbox File Request webpage.
Box Help offers an extensive library of resources for all users. You can also contact the IT Help Center.