Hello NEW MATADORS!
The New Student Orientation (NSO) experience for all new Transfer Students will occur over the summer leading up till the Fall semester.
NSO Online - Is a set of comprehensive modules that address university programs, services, and resources available in a virtual and eventual on-campus capacity. You will be able to complete NSO Online at your own pace throughout the month of July. All new Transfer Students will partake in the NSO Online experience.
NSO Transfer Orientation - Is an optional in-person opportunity to engage with your new campus! NSO Leaders will be facilitating small groups on a wide set of topics including Student Involvement and Belonging, Academic Success, and Information Technology. This experience can assist in answering lingering questions and offer a more individualized opportunity to connect with other CSUN students.
In keeping with the goal of New Student Orientation, we have designed this program to meet the needs of incoming transfer students through the following:
- Providing the opportunity for students to gain knowledge and information about campus resources and services.
- Informing students on how to achieve academic success.
- Encouraging interaction among current and new students to ensure a smooth transition.
- Connection and networking with college administration, faculty and staff.
- Informing students of involvement opportunities in a range of areas and topics.
Registration will begin around mid June. All new students will receive emails and postcards signaling they can begin the NSO registration process.
Use the drop tabs below to find more information.