If you've recently become aware of the race and equity gaps in your courses, department or college and are motivated to take action, we can help. This page summarizes select FacDev programs and resources to engage with and contribute to our Graduation Initiative 2025 endeavor.
Are you new to remote teaching and need to get up and running? Check out Faculty Development's strategies and tips for "Teaching through Disruption."
Interested in exploring ideas to enhance your teaching? The Teaching Toolkit is your stop to gather resources to help you both in and out of the classroom.
Faculty Development welcomes newly hired faculty with the intention of guiding them through the process of joining the CSUN community of faculty, staff and students.
Dive into pedagogical practices, tools, and strategies in the eLearning Institute program and get ready to create learning experiences that will help your students reach their goals in an effective and efficient manner.
This self-paced resource is designed to meet the needs of new faculty before you start your position and beyond. The handbook introduces faculty to critical information to begin teaching at CSUN, as well as key information and contacts so you can quickly acclimate with your new campus community.
This resource is intended to assist first-year tenure-track faculty members to gain a better understanding about the process and timeline of the first year of review. This PIF organizer document is a collaborative effort between Faculty Development and Faculty Affairs.
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty. CSUN is currently an institutional member so join today!
- Scholarship Resources for CSUN Faculty
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- Office of Research & Sponsored Projects
- Hanover Research
CSUN Teaching Toolkit
- Active Learning Strategies
- Building Community
- Designing & Facilitating Effective Teams
- Early Alerts
- eLearning & Online Teaching Resources
- Equity-Minded Teaching
- Metacognition Teaching Strategies
- Modalities of Teaching and Learning (including HyFlex)
- Navigating Courageous Conversations
- Online Interactions
- Policies & Teaching Guidance
- Promote Academic Honesty
- Syllabus Ideas & Policies
- Teaching Effectiveness Frameworks
- Teaching through Disruption
- Transparent Assignments
- Revitalize: Campus Care Recovery Program
- Self-Care for U at Northridge
- Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing (e.g. Wellbeing Virtual Program, Commit to be Fit)
- Student Recreation Center (e.g. Lunchtime Express)
- Oasis Wellness Center (e.g. Programs for Faculty/Staff)
- Marilyn Magaram Center (e.g. Virtual Events)
- Klotz Student Health Center (e.g. Health Promotion & Wellness program)
- Closing Equity Gaps Resources
- Get Up to Speed with Unconscious Bias
- Institute for Transformative Teaching & Learning
- Equity Accelerator Tools- Classroom Practices Library
- Center for Urban Education USC
- CORA Learning(e.g., Webinars such as Black Minds Matter; Employing Equity-Minded & Culturally-Affirming Teaching and Learning Practices in Virtual Learning Communities)
- Peralta Online Teaching Equity Rubric
- Inclusive and Equitable Teaching: ACUE Curriculum Crosswalk
Where is FacDev located?
Valera Hall 215 (formerly University Hall)
How can I contact FacDev?
Who are the people in FacDev?