Are you new to remote teaching and need to get up and running? Check out Faculty Development's strategies and tips for "Teaching through Disruption."
Interested in exploring ideas to enhance your teaching? The Teaching Toolkit is your stop to gather resources to help you both in and out of the classroom.
Faculty Development welcomes newly hired faculty with the intention of guiding them through the process of joining the CSUN community of faculty, staff and students.
Dive into pedagogical practices, tools, and strategies in the eLearning Institute program and get ready to create learning experiences that will help your students reach their goals in an effective and efficient manner.
New Faculty Toolkit
What I Wish My Professors Knew
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty. CSUN is currently an institutional member so join today!
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- Office of Research & Sponsored Projects
- Hanover Research
CSUN Teaching Toolkit
- Active Learning Strategies
- Building Community
- Designing & Facilitating Effective Teams
- Early Alerts
- eLearning & Online Teaching Resources
- Equity-Minded Teaching
- Metacognition Teaching Strategies
- Modalities of Teaching and Learning (including HyFlex)
- Navigating Courageous Conversations
- Online Interactions
- Policies & Teaching Guidance
- Promote Academic Honesty
- Syllabus Ideas & Policies
- Teaching Effectiveness Frameworks
- Teaching through Disruption
- Transparent Assignments
Student Recreation Center (e.g. Lunchtime Express)
- Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing (e.g. Wellbeing Virtual Program, Commit to be Fit)
- Oasis Wellness Center (e.g. Programs for Faculty/Staff)
- Marilyn Magaram Center (e.g. Virtual Events)
- Klotz Student Health Center (e.g. Health Promotion & Wellness program)
- Center for Urban Education USC
- CORA Learning(e.g., Webinars such as Black Minds Matter; Employing Equity-Minded & Culturally-Affirming Teaching and Learning Practices in Virtual Learning Communities)
- Peralta Online Teaching Equity Rubric
- Getting Up to Speed-with-Online-Teaching (practicing equity online)
- Inclusive and Equitable Teaching: ACUE Curriculum Crosswalk
Where is Faculty Development located?
Valera Hall 215 (formerly University Hall)
How can I contact Faculty Development?
Who are the people in Faculty Development?