*Please note: CSUN and the Klotz Student Health Center are not administering the COVID vaccines. CSUN is offering their parking locations to assist the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. Please visit The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health for more information about the COVID vaccine.*
CURRENT KLOTZ STUDENT HEALTH CENTER OPERATIONS
The Klotz Student Health Center welcomes you and remains open from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Our phone operating hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Our phone operating hours on Thursday is 9:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
Until further notice, the following services are temporarily unavailable:
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
*Dental services are available for acute or emergency care. To schedule a dental appointment or for more information, please call (818) 677-3695.
We offer free Telehealth services. Telehealth is the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care with the use of a phone and/or videoconferencing capability.
Telehealth services available at the Klotz SHC include:
- Primary Care
- Sports Medicine
- Wellness Coaching
- Nutritional Counseling
- Advance Directives/ Five Wishes
- Birth Control Education, Pregnancy Counseling, and Lactation Education
Please call (818) 677-3666, option 1 to schedule a telehealth appointment.
New: 8 Dimensions of Wellness (COVID-19 Resources) Website
Klotz Health Promotion views wellness in a holistic way, as depicted by the 8 Dimensions of Wellness. Incorporating these dimensions into your life, especially during times of uncertainty, can help you build resilience, better cope with stress, positively impact your academics, and lead a balanced life. Please visit 8 Dimensions of Wellness - COVID-19 Resources to learn more.
As new developments are occurring daily, we should prepare for the possibility that the Klotz SHC will remain open with reduced operating hours, or may close completely. The current pharmacy hours are 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
We want to be sure that you do not run out of your medications. Please consider the following:
- The Klotz SHC Pharmacy will continue to fill existing refills during its business hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
- If you decide to transfer your prescriptions to an off-campus pharmacy, please call the Klotz Pharmacy at (818) 677-3671 and we will assist you with this process. This phone line is available during our working hours.
- Students should attempt to move quickly with regard to prescriptions to avoid delays in receiving medications.
Curbside pickup is available! Please call (818) 677-3671 for more information regarding your prescriptions.
At this time, to schedule appointments, we request that you call (818) 677-3666, Option 1 between 8:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You will be provided with assistance regarding your medical concerns.
- If you are on-campus and ill or injured, you are welcome to walk-in to the Klotz Student Health Center.
- We are temporarily suspending all online appointments. Please call the Klotz Student Health Center for any questions.
- For mental health services, please contact University Counseling Services.
What To Expect When You Arrive at the Klotz Student Health Center
To promote everyone’s health and safety, the following procedures are in place until further notice . All visitors to the Klotz Student Health Center must enter through the front door of the building only. There, you will be met by a clinician dressed in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including special clothing, a mask, and eye goggles. The clinician will take your temperature and ask you a few questions to determine your infection risk.
- If you have no fever, recent travel, or contact with someone with COVID-19, you may proceed into the building.
- If you have a fever, recent travel, or contact with someone with COVID-19, you will be given further instructions by the clinician. Note: if you have had contact with someone with COVID-19 or COVID like symptoms in the last 14 days, please call the Klotz SHC at 818-677-3666 for advice before visiting in person.
Thank you for your patience with this new procedure. If you have any symptoms of illness, please call 818-677-3666, Option 1 to arrange an appointment before coming to the SHC. If the clinician decides the problem requires more extensive care than we can provide, we will help you get care at the nearest hospital. We welcome you at the SHC, but want to keep everyone as safe as possible.
If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 from any campus phone 24 hours a day. Campus police will answer the call and dispatch officers or paramedics as necessary. A medical emergency is any problem that may require immediate medical attention; it takes priority over less urgent medical complaints. Head injuries, difficulty breathing, chest pain, heavily bleeding wounds, repeated vomiting, extreme pain or feeling faint are just a few examples of emergencies.
If you walk in with an emergency during regular Klotz Student Health Center hours, you will be given immediate attention. If the clinician decides the problem requires more extensive care than we can provide, you will be treated at the nearest hospital.
Campus COVID-19 News
Campus COVID-19 information and updates are available at CSUN COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (818) 677-3666. For medical assistance outside our operating hours, please visit “After Hours Care”.