We are sharing the following information with members of the CSUN research community during the Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic:
- CSUN IRB leadership and staff are monitoring the current increase in COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant. As of 1/12/2022 there are no state or local health orders that would require the interruption of any research approved for in-person procedures after March 2020. If this situation changes, we will send an email to all primary investigators and post notice on the Research and Sponsored Programs website.
- Research teams conducting in-person research procedures will need to comply with the CSUN requirement to use medical grade masks for both research staff and subjects. If you need a supply of medical grade masks for research procedures, please contact your department COVID coordinator.
- Please review the current guidance for in-person research, general safety protocols, and mitigation strategies for on campus research activities.
- All researchers remain responsible for complying with all relevant state and local health officer orders while conducting research. If you have questions about current guidelines, please reach out to IRB staff.
- Updated guidance from funding agencies.
- Updated procedures for animal care.
All RSP staff are working remotely, and we remain fully operational at this time.
Welcome to RSP!
The Research and Sponsored Programs office (RSP) manages all grants and contracted ("sponsored") programs for the University. Our pre-award liaisons assist investigators with identifying and interpreting funding opportunities, proposal development and submission, and award receipt. Through our partnership with The University Corporation, post-award liaisons at TUC set up award accounts, manage all awards, and assist with contract extensions and closeouts. As the entity responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local, and CSU system-wide laws and requirements, the RSP office also manages activities related to research integrity and intellectual property and has administrative oversight of all campus Centers and Institutes. To learn more about any of these areas, please visit the links above. We also encourage you to reach out to our office via any of the methods in the "Contact" sidebar.