The Hub

  • The Matador Advising Hub

    The Matador Advising Hub

  • The Hub Group Photo

    The Matador Advising Hub

  • The Matador Advising Hub

    The Matador Advising Hub

  • Students at Graduation

    The Matador Advising Hub

  • The Matador Statue

    The Matador Advising Hub


    The Matador Advising Hub

Second-semester Freshmen

To the Spring 2024 First-time Freshmen:

We hope you are well and having a productive first semester at CSUN. It is time to start planning for your second semester at CSUN. Prior to registering for your Fall 2024 classes, you must first meet with a Hub advisor. You cannot register until you meet with an advisor.   

Before you schedule your advisement appointment, we highly recommend you complete the two items below found in the Hub Canvas site. Click "Enroll in Course" then "Go to your Dashboard" to select The HUB Canvas page. Select the “Pre-Second Semester Workshop” to get started with: 

To schedule your individual on-campus OR virtual/zoom appointment for second semester advising with a Hub advisor, please check your CSUN email and follow all necessary steps to complete your appointment scheduling. 

If you are registered with CSUN’s Disabilities Resources and Educational Services (DRES) and/or the National Center on Deafness (NCOD), please contact The Hub at 818-677-2900 or Contact Us to schedule an appointment.

We look forward to meeting with you.

How to Register Guides

For guides showing students how to enroll and other registration questions, please visit How-To-Guides.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. When does the Fall 2024 advisement period begin for freshmen?

The Matador Advising Hub will start individual 2nd Semester Freshman advisement for Fall 2024 registration beginning Feb.26th. Students may start making appointments and are recommended to complete two items through the Hub Canvas site first. Please be sure to check your CSUN email account (ending with for an important message regarding the Fall 2024 advisement process.

2. When will I be able to enroll in my Fall 2024 classes?

If first-time freshman who began in Spring 2024 have attended an academic advising appointment to release their required hold, they may start registering for their Fall 2024 courses on or after their registration date. Please check your CSUN Student portal, look under your checklist and select “Registration” to view your registration date/time.

3. Will I enroll in my Fall 2024 classes during my advisement session?

The advisement session will focus on your academic progress and transition to CSUN, recommended courses you should enroll in for Fall 2024, and resources available to you for your academic success at CSUN. Students will enroll in their Fall 2024 classes on their own once their assigned registration date, as listed on their myNorthridge Portal, has begun. 

4. I am registered with Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) or National Center on Deafness (NCOD). Do I need to meet with a Hub Advisor before enrolling in my Fall 2024 semester?

Yes, Freshmen registered with DRES and NCOD must meet with a Hub Advisor prior to enrolling in their Fall 2024 classes. Please call us at (818) 677-2900 or stop by at Extended University Commons (EU) 150 to schedule a 60-minute appointment.  

5. What should I do to prepare for my advisement session?

All students must print a current copy of your Degree Progress Report (DPR) and bring it to the advisement appointment with the Hub Advisor. A tutorial on how to print your DPR is available online. Please be sure to make a list of your questions prior to your advisement session.

6. Will I be asked to reschedule my advisement session if I do not arrive on time?

We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your advisement session to check in. Students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule.

7. Can a third party attend the advisement session?

Students must fill out the online consent form through their myNorthridge portal so a third party may attend the advisement session with the student. The Release Authorization should be filled out before attending the session and the Advisor will confirm before the third party may attend.

8. I am a continuing EOP freshman. Who do I contact regarding my advisement?

All EOP freshmen are served by the Student Services Center/EOP Satellite housed in their respective academic college. Exploratory EOP freshmen are served by the Advising Resource Center/EOP.

9. I am participating in the Liberal Studies Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP)-Freshmen Option. Who do I contact regarding my advisement and enrollment?

Students participating in the ITEP-Freshman Option are served by the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and Liberal Studies located in EA 100. Students majoring in all other options of Liberal Studies are served by the Matador Advising Hub throughout their first year at CSUN.