For guides showing students how to enroll and other registration questions, please visit How-To-Guides.
1. When does the Fall 2023 advisement period begin for freshmen?
The Matador Advising Hub will start individual 2nd Semester Freshman advisement for Fall 2023 registration beginning March 1st. Students may start making appointments and are recommended to complete two items through the Hub Canvas site first. Please be sure to check your CSUN email account (ending with @my.csun.edu) for an important message regarding the Fall 2023 advisement process.
2. When will I be able to enroll in my Fall 2023 classes?
If first-time freshman who began in Spring 2023 have attended an academic advising appointment to release their required hold, they may start registering for their Fall 2023 courses on or after their registration date. Please check your CSUN Student portal, look under your checklist and select “Registration” to view your registration date/time.
3. Will I enroll in my Fall 2023 classes during my advisement session?
The advisement session will focus on your academic progress and transition to CSUN, recommended courses you should enroll in for Fall 2023, and resources available to you for your academic success at CSUN. Students will enroll in their Fall 2023 classes on their own once their assigned registration date, as listed on their myNorthridge Portal, has begun.
4. I am registered with Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) or National Center on Deafness (NCOD). Do I need to meet with a Hub Advisor before enrolling in my Fall 2023 semester?
Yes, Freshmen registered with DRES and NCOD must meet with a Hub Advisor prior to enrolling in their Fall 2023 classes. Please call us at (818) 677-2900 or stop by at Extended University Commons (EU) 150 to schedule a 60-minute appointment.
5. What should I do to prepare for my advisement session?
All students must print a current copy of your Degree Progress Report (DPR) and bring it to the advisement appointment with the Hub Advisor. A tutorial on how to print your DPR is available online. Please be sure to make a list of your questions prior to your advisement session.
6. Will I be asked to reschedule my advisement session if I do not arrive on time?
We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your advisement session to check in. Students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule.
7. Can a third party attend the advisement session?
Students must fill out the online consent form through their myNorthridge portal so a third party may attend the advisement session with the student. The Release Authorization should be filled out before attending the session and the Advisor will confirm before the third party may attend.
8. I am a continuing EOP freshman. Who do I contact regarding my advisement?
All EOP freshmen are served by the Student Services Center/EOP Satellite housed in their respective academic college. Exploratory EOP freshmen are served by the Advising Resource Center/EOP.
9. I am participating in the Liberal Studies Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP)-Freshmen Option. Who do I contact regarding my advisement and enrollment?
Students participating in the ITEP-Freshman Option are served by the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and Liberal Studies located in EA 100. Students majoring in all other options of Liberal Studies are served by the Matador Advising Hub throughout their first year at CSUN.