Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication
Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication is to prepare and inspire our diverse and creative students to make a meaningful impact on Los Angeles and the world as artists, scholars, and communicators. We pursue this mission through an engaged staff and faculty who model a creative, scholarly, and collaborative inquiry that is essential to a 21st century education.
The Mike Curb College will be known for its active, inclusive, and experiential teaching and learning, interdisciplinary collaborations, and deep engagement with the people and industries of Los Angeles and beyond. We will be a top choice for students who seek an excellent and innovative education in arts, media, and communication.
- We value a student-centered approach to our work. We are invested in the success of all of our students and we are committed to supporting and mentoring them to achieve their academic and professional goals and to become critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and lifelong learners.
- We value diversity and inclusion. We embrace the critical role that diversity plays in the success of our educational and professional endeavors, recognizing that including and honoring all voices leads to better and more equitable outcomes for our students as individuals and for us all collectively.
- We value creativity, collaboration, and innovation. We foster an environment in which creative thinking and expression are encouraged and celebrated, students and faculty collaborate actively within and across disciplines, and new ideas are nurtured and refined.
- We value excellence and quality. We empower our students, faculty, and staff to engage in impactful research, scholarship, and creative activities and strive for excellence in all aspects of the educational process.
- We value partnerships with industry and community. We enrich our students’ educational experiences and prepare them to be part of the working world and the broader community by fostering robust engagement with alumni, professional and cultural institutions, and communities regionally in Los Angeles, nationally, and internationally.