This year the Matador Involvement Center will be hosting a student leadership conference focused on Emotionally Intelligent Leadership (EIL). The conference will take place Saturday October 14, 2023 from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the University Student Union (USU) Northridge Center.
- Attendees will be introduced to the Emotionally Intelligent Leadership (EIL) model, experience interactive activities and engage in small group discussions to further explore EIL concepts. By participating in the conference, students will be able to recognize how EIL can promote effective leadership.
- A mandatory training on the Associated Students Annual Budgeting Request process will also be provided to attendees.
- Event attendance is mandatory for university recognized student organizations (and student organizations seeking university recognition).
- Any student organization that DOES NOT have at least one (1) student representative attend the duration of the conference on behalf of the organization will NOT be allowed to participate in Spring 2024 Meet the Clubs and/or Spring 2024 Meet the Greeks.
Who Can Attend?
- It is preferred that the organization President or Treasurer attend the conference on behalf of the organization.
- If the President or Treasurer is not available, the President can designate a proxy to attend on behalf of the organization.
- The proxy must be a currently enrolled CSUN student.
- Student attendees can only represent one (1) student organization.
- Only the official student proxy identified on the registration form will be eligible to represent an organization.
- The student organization president is responsible for registering the organization for the conference. As part of the registration process the President can identify a proxy, if they are not available to attend.
- Questions or concerns regarding attendance requirements can be directed to Alyssa Herrera at email@example.com
How to Register
- To register for the event, the student organization President must complete the Fall 2023 MIC Leadership Conference Registration online form by Friday October 6th at 11:59pm.