One of the greatest opportunities in college is to develop leadership skills and then use these skills in practical applications. Becoming a member of a fraternity or sorority opens the door to elected or appointed positions and committee participation.
Officers may use the tools below to best navigate CSUN fraternity and sorority leadership practices.
Chapter Roster Management
Directions for Updating Online Rosters
- Each semester, beginning the week of finals, chapter rosters must be updated so as to run grade rankings for the entire Greek community. Below are the directions for what is expected no later than the Monday of finals week. Remove only members who are no longer part of the organization.
- Make sure all current members and new members are listed and are assigned either as Member for active or Associate for new member (even if they have already been initiated this semester).
- Make sure a grade release card has been submitted for each new member so their grades can be released to the chapter leadership.
Avoid changing new members to “actives” as we will do this only after grades for the semester are released. Aldo, do not remove members who are graduating until the grades are released.
All rosters (as reported online) are reported on Monday of finals week and will remain as is for grade checks.
In order to access your roster, click on the appropriate designated council below and enter your password and user ID under “chapter.”
- Application for Permit to Display Booth or Billboard
- Permission to Release Grade Information
- Off-Campus Event Registration form
Officers registering events containing alcohol must attend an event registration meeting. They are held on Thursdays at 4 p.m. at the Matador Involvement Center.