- Q: Who do I contact?
- A: UNIVERSITY CASH SERVICES: email@example.com - payments, refunds, Fall 2021 tuition questions
ADMISSIONS & RECORDS: firstname.lastname@example.org - adding/dropping classes
FINANCIAL AID: email@example.com - financial aid status, award amounts
STUDENT ACCOUNTING: firstname.lastname@example.org - Spring 2021 and prior balances
- Q: When will my financial aid disburse?
- A: After you have met enrollment requirements, financial aid disburses weekly. University Cash Services processes any eligible refunds to you in the following weeks. Financial Aid for Fall 2021 will disburse in mid-August 2021.
- Q: Do you have payment plans?
- A: Payment plans are closed for the Spring 2021 semester. Payment plans for Fall 2021 semester will be open May 2021 – August 2021.
- Q: How do I make a payment in-person to avoid the 2.65% credit card charge?
- A: To avoid the 2.65% processing fee with a credit or debit card online, you can pay online through your student portal with a U.S. bank account. Carefully type in your bank routing number and bank account information. Checks may also be dropped off in the drop box at the information booth or mailed. We are open to process cash and debit payments: we do not accept credit cards in person. CSUN is adhering to mask and social distancing guidelines. More information on how to pay your fees: https://www.csun.edu/stufin/ucs-how-pay-your-fees
- Q: Can I pay my fees with a debit card online?
- A: Your debit card is tied to a bank account. Use bank account option to avoid the 2.65% processing fee. If you use your debit card online, you will be charged the 2.65% processing fee by the outside card processor. There is no fee with paying by bank account.
- Q: I am a California resident. Why am I being charged nonresident fees?
- A: If you are a California (in-state) resident, please follow the steps and complete the forms on this webpage: https://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/residency-csu-tuition . We need confirmation from Admissions and Records that you are a CA resident. The charges will adjust in the system once A&R approves of the change.
- Q: How does the waitlist work?
- Q: I don’t see my question here, who can I contact?
- A: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your name and 9-digit CSUN Student ID Number.
Many companies offer tuition assistance to employees who participate in work-related or degree-oriented college programs. They may require proof of enrollment, charges incurred and proof of payment.
To request such documentation please complete this form: Employer Reimbursement Form