To use the myNorthridge Portal and the SOLAR Student Center, you must first activate your CSUN User ID and
Parking permits for each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) must be purchased through myNorthridge Portal.
Motorcycle permits may only be purchased in person at CSUN Parking Services. Motorcycles or Mopeds must be registered at the Parking Office. Valid DMV registration is needed at the time of registering your motorcycle or moped. No physical permit will be issued. Registration is tracked by way of the motorcycle or moped license plate number. These vehicles must park in motorcycle stalls only.
Login to the myNorthridge Portal to access SOLAR. The online option allows you to instantly print a temporary permit for immediate use, while your official permit is being mailed to you!
Note: Use the SOLAR Student Center to purchase your CSUN Parking Permit for registration, fee payment, and access to your academic, financial, and personal information.
How to Purchase your Parking Permit online through myNorthridge Portal
Once your CSUN User ID and Password is activated, follow these steps to purchase a parking permit online:
- Log into myNorthridge Portal with your CSUN User ID and Password.
- In myNorthridge, choose "Financial Matters" tab, and in the pagelet, “My Financial Obligations” click on "Purchase a Parking Permit".
- The Purchase Parking Permits Online page then displays instructions and links to payment options.
- Click on the “Purchase Permit” link and proceed with the purchase.
Note: There are four types of student permits available:
- Student Residential - (R) for individuals that reside in student housing (UPA). This permit is valid in all student lots and the University Village Apartments (UVA)
- Semester - (S) This permit is valid in all student lots on campus
- Academic Year - (SA) Fall and Spring Semesters Only. This permit is valid in all student lots on campus
- North Campus- (NS) Fall and Spring Semesters Only. Valid only in Parking Lot F10
You may choose from two convenient payment options:
- Electronic Check
- Credit Card: Visa/MasterCard
How to Print your Temporary Permit
You have two options to print your temporary permit:
Option 1: Print at end of transaction through this website
Option 2: Print from an email sent by Parking Services to the e-mail address you provided at the time of sale.
To print your permit from the link contained in the e-mail follow these instructions:
- Open the email sent to you
- Click on the link that says "Click here to Print Temp Permit"
- This will take you back to the CSUN web portal(myNorthridge Portal)
- Log back into the CSUN web portal
- Click on "Financial Matters"
- Click "Purchase a Parking Permit" within the "My Financial Matters" pagelet
- This will open your temp parking permit
- Print out your temp parking permit and display on your vehicle
- If your permanent permit does not arrive by the time your temporary permit expires, please visit the Parking Office immediately for a replacement.
Temporary permits are valid for 12 days from the date of purchase. To be valid, the entire permit must be visible from the windshield. Receipts of purchase may not be used as temporary permits. Please call the Parking Office immediately if you are not able to print your temporary permit or do not receive an e-mail with the temporary permit link.
Never Received Parking Permit
If you ordered your parking permit online and it does not arrive by the time your temporary permit expires, please visit the Parking Office immediately for a replacement.
Lost or Stolen Parking Permit
All lost or stolen CSUN Semester, Academic Year, or Annual parking permits must be reported in person at the Parking Office.
There is a $10.00 replacement fee for all lost or stolen permit reports.
Permits will be replaced only one time at the fee of $10.00 dollars. If a permit is lost or stolen more than once during its valid period it may be replaced a second or third time at the prorated value.
The use of a lost, stolen, or altered parking permit is a misdemeanor under California Vehicle Code(CVC 21113 (A)). Vehicles displaying a permit that has been reported lost or stolen are subject to immobilization or towing.
Parking Permit Returns and Refunds
Parking permit refunds are pro-rated beginning the first day of class and the amount refunded is based on when the permit is returned.
Parking permit returns may be processed in person at the Parking Office or via mail. For mail requests, please be sure to complete the Refund/Check Request Form. The parking permit must accompany all refund requests.
Allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Payments made by credit card will be credited back to the original card number, if valid.
Student Parking Lots
Students can purchase a semester permit or a daily parking permit to park. Student parking lots are:
- Lots B1 and B2, B3 parking structure & B5 parking structure, located off of Darby Street.
- Lot B6, located off Plummer Street,
- Lot E6 on Halsted Street.
- Lot F5
- Lots G3 and G3 parking structure, located off Zelzah Street.
- Lots F10, and G12
- The UPA Parking Structure G9 is available until 7:30pm, for non-resident student parking. After 7:30pm, access is restricted to Housing residents, ONLY.
Parking Permit Dispenser Locations
The cost for a Daily Parking Permit is $8.00 dollars. Parking Permit dispensers are located:
PARKING LOT B1 (3 Pay-stations)
- Pay-station located on the west side of lot off Darby
- 2 Pay-stations located on north east corner of lot off Etiwanda
PARKING STRUCTURE B3 (8 Pay-stations)
- Pay-stations located on all 6 levels, in elevator lobby, with 2 on adjacent pay-stations on the 1st and 2nd floors
PARKING STRUCTURE B5 (4 Pay-stations)
- Pay-stations located on all 4 levels, at the southeast corner, in elevator lobby
PARKING LOT B6 (2 Pay-stations)
- Pay-station located in center of lot
- Pay-station located on south end of lot off Plummer
PARKING LOT E6 (2 Pay-stations)
- Pay-station located on southwest end of lot
- Pay-station located on northwest end of lot off Halstead
PARKING LOT F10 (2 Pay-stations)
- Pay-station located in center of lot
- Pay-station located on south west corner of lot off Lassen
PARKING STRUCTURE G9 (1 Pay-station)
- Pay-station located at entrance to the 1st floor of parking structure
PARKING LOT F5 (3 Pay-stations)
- Pay-station located on north side of lot
- Pay-station located on south side of lot
- Pay-station located on west side of lot
PARKING LOT G4 (1 Pay-station)
- Pay-station located in the north west corner of lot off Matador
PARKING STRUCTURE G3 (5 Pay-stations)
- Pay-stations located on all 5 levels, on the west side, near elevator lobby
PARKING LOT G3 (1 Pay-station)
- Pay-station located on east side of lot
INFO BOOTH #3 - Prairie and Matador (2 Pay-stations)
- Pay-stations located on west side of info booth off Prairie
- Pay-stations located on east side of info booth off Prairie
Please call the Parking Office to report out-of-order Permit Dispensers.
Student Motorcycle Permits
Semester Motorcycle and Moped permits can only be processed in the Parking Office. Daily Permits for Motorcycles or Mopeds can only be purchased at the Information Booths. No physical permit will be issued, For Semester registrations, a valid DMV registration is needed at the time of registering your motorcycle or moped. Registration is tracked by way of the license plate number. These vehicles must park in motorcycle stalls only.
Student Parking Permits are not Valid in Faculty/Staff Parking Spaces
To be valid, Semester and Academic Year permits must be affixed to the vehicle front inside windshield, lower corner, passenger side, while parked at CSUN. The entire permit must be visible including serial number and security features.
Daily Student Parking Permits are only valid in student parking Lots B1, B2, B3 & B5 parking structure, B6, E6, G3, G10, F10, the G9 Housing Parking Structure and G12. The permit must be placed face up on the dashboard making sure that the entire permit is visible.
Please read and heed the parking instructions below or call the Parking Office.
1. Parking permits are required at all times in all areas of campus. All persons using our parking facilities are to park in designated parking areas and spaces and, to purchase the appropriate parking permit before parking in designated areas and spaces.
2. A designated parking space is formed between (2) painted parallel lines. Unless the space is so defined,
it is not a designated parking space.
3. Provisions of California Vehicle Code are enforced on the campus.
4. CURB COLORS ARE ENFORCED.
BLUE - Disabled Permit/Placard Required
RED - No Parking
YELLOW - Loading/Unloading Zone