Get American Red Cross Certified for CPR, AED and First Aid in Only One Day
Would you like to learn true lifesaving skills in just one day? The Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union is offering virtual classes throughout the semester to get you certified in CPR, AED and First Aid. For just $57 per person, you’ll receive hands-on training that will prepare you to recognize and respond appropriately to a variety of cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. This program will teach the skills that you need to know to provide immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over.
All virtual American Red Cross classes will be held on select Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. via Zoom. Each class is limited to 10 participants and registration opens on Monday, March 29. You’ll be provided with workshop equipment including manikins, AEDs (automated external defibrillators), disposable gloves and masks through scheduled curbside pickups in Staff Parking Lot F4 and it must be returned the following week. Pickup and drop-off are available (by appointment only) on Mondays from 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesdays from noon to 2 p.m. and Fridays from 2 to 4 p.m.
For available class dates, please see below:
- Saturday, April 10: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Register through Sunday, April 4)
- Saturday, April 17: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Register through Sunday, April 11)
- Saturday, May 1: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Register through Sunday, April 25)
No prerequisites are required
Registration and Participation
- Register for your chosen virtual class session on the SRC Portal. Upon registration, you will receive a Zoom link, curbside pickup/drop-off booking link and a mandatory health screening form.
- Once registered for the class, visit the SRC Portal’s Booking webpage to schedule your curbside pickup and drop-off appointments. At your pickup appointment, you will be provided a manikin, AED (automated external defibrillator), disposable gloves and mask. The manikin and AED must be returned the following week during your drop-off appointment.
- Pick up your equipment in Staff Parking Lot F4 (accessible from Vincennes St.) during the 15-minute window of your scheduled curbside pickup appointment. You must wear a mask, stay inside your vehicle and fill out the provided health screening form in order to pick up your equipment. If you have not already done so, you may schedule your curbside drop-off appointment when you are there for your pickup.
- Use the provided Zoom link to enter your virtual class (please arrive promptly). While you can complete your training in one day, please be aware that your certification may take up to 2 weeks to process.
- Return your equipment in Staff Parking Lot F4 (accessible from Vincennes St.) during the 15-minute window of your scheduled curbside drop-off appointment. You must wear a mask, stay inside your vehicle and fill out the provided health screening form in order to drop off your equipment.
- Participate in all course activities
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills
- Successfully participate in an end-of-course scenario(s)
All CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are valid for 2 years from the date of your course completion.
For more information, contact Ryan Hairapetian at 818-677-5804.