Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2018 Swim Challenge: Team Edition, April 9 – May 13
Take the Challenge to Win and Stay Fit this Spring at the SRC!
Monday, April 9 – Sunday, May 13
The Student Recreation Center Aquatics Department is inviting all members to grab a friend and swim your hearts out this spring during the SRC Swim Challenge: Team Edition. Splash into shape at the Rec and Plaza Pools for your chance to win cool prizes and giveaways. The more your team swims, the more you win!
- Participants must complete their laps within the indicated five-week time period.
- Each teammate can record a maximum of 2,000 yards per day.
- The first team to swim 100,000 yards wins the first-place prize, with subsequent finishers placing second, third, fourth and fifth.
- Each participant will have to manually input their daily yards into the SRC Challenges Portal.
- Participants must sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal or during tabling sessions — not at the SRC front desk.
- 1st Place — $35 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 2nd Place — $25 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 3rd Place — $20 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 4th & 5th Place — SRC Towel Service (One Semester)
There will also be giveaways for those who reach the following distance milestones:
- 50k yds (2,000 laps) — Sunglasses
- 75k yds (3,000 laps) — Keychain Sunscreen
- 100k yds (4,000 laps) — Mesh Bag
Sign up on the SRC Challenges Portal or in-person at the Aquatics tabling at the SRC. Swim Challenge: Team Edition begins on Monday, April 9, so sign up early and get ready to go the distance!
2018 I Work Out: Team Edition, June 4 – July 1
Motivation + Teamwork = Success
Monday, June 4 – Sunday, July 1
Achieving success is always more rewarding when you have someone to share it with. Partner up with a friend, motivate one another to work out and reap the benefits in this summer’s I Work Out: Team Edition. You and your teammate can earn a point for every activity you complete from any of the three following categories:
- Group Exercise classes marked with a red dot (See GX Schedule)
- Use any cardio equipment
- Use the indoor track
- Use the Plaza or Rec pool
- Participate in any Open Recreation activity
- Attend an Outdoor Adventures trip
- Participate in the Boxing Training Program
New members will be required to complete an orientation prior to participating — sign up at the Total Training Zone desk
Strength, Endurance & Power
- Group Exercise classes marked with a yellow dot (See GX Schedule)
- Use any of the strength equipment located in any training zone
- Use of the Ridge Rock Wall
Members must sign a waiver at the front desk before participating
- Group Exercise classes marked with a blue dot (See GX Schedule)
- Attend an art workshop, yoga or meditation class at the Oasis Wellness Center
- Stretch or do a foam rolling activity in any training zone
- Relax by a pool
Each team will ascend through Meaningful Milestones, where you’ll receive one entry ticket into the Grand Prize Raffle per team and earn the following special incentives:
Meaningful Milestone #1: 20 points = “I Work Out” Wristband + Grand Prize Raffle Entry
Meaningful Milestone #2: 40 points = “I Work Out” Sunglasses + Grand Prize Raffle Entry
Meaningful Milestone #3: 80 points = “I Work Out” Shaker Bottle + Grand Prize Raffle Entry
Meaningful Milestone #4: 120 points = “I Work Out” T-shirt or Tank Top + Grand Prize Raffle Entry
The Top 12 Teams with the most points will be invited to participate in the Final Team Challenge on Friday, July 13.
Final Team Challenge Prizes:
- Top Six Teams with the most points earned during the final challenge will receive:
- Extra Grand Prize Raffle Entry
- SRC Swag Bag
- Top Three Teams with the most points earned during the final challenge will also receive:
- Commemorative Final Team Challenge Medal
- $10 Gift Card
- Photo taken for the SRC trophy case along with all the bragging rights
- Grand Prizes: A total of two teams will be selected at random to win the following essentials pack:
- $100 Nike Gift Card
- $100 Lululemon Gift Card
Register online through the SRC Challenges Portal from Monday, May 28 until Sunday, June 24.