Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Spring Step Challenge
Make Your Spring Strolls with Friends Count!
Participate in one stage, or even all four stages for the highest chances at winning!
Monday, May 3 – Sunday, May 9
Register: April 12 – May 2
Get your team to the starting line this semester for a fun competition during the virtual Spring Steps Program! You and nine friends have the opportunity to get moving and strut your stuff to become the Spring Steps Program champions. To get started:
- Register your team of ten for Spring Steps Challenge each month on IMleagues.com, and designate one participant as the team captain.
- Have each participant download the Pacer app on a mobile device.
- When the challenge begins, have each participant send their daily step count to the team captain.
- Team captains should submit each players step counts daily by emailing them to .
- Check back daily for the rankings and await the winning teams to be crowned!
- All participants will get their very own Intramural Sports Towel and be entered in a raffle for some running accessories!
- All participants in the winning team for each stage will win their very own $10 Amazon gift card!
- The highest stepping participant in each stage will receive their very own Intramural Sports Hoodie or Intramural Sports Duffel Bag!
Enjoy the exciting journey together as a team with the Spring Steps Challenges hosted by Intramural Sports at the SRC … Where Matadors Belong!
Mega Mash Up
Fuse your workouts with the SRC!
Your favorite SRC Fitness Instructors are mixing things up just for you with Mega Mash Up on Zoom!
Afro-Caribbean Dance & Barre
Thursday, April 22
7 – 8:15 p.m.
Registration opens Thursday, April 15
Get those endorphins flowing during three fun installments featuring exciting combinations of some of your favorite classes like HIIT & Yoga, Boxing & Strength and Afro-Caribbean Dance & Barre!
- When the event registration opens, head on over to the SRC MINDBODY Portal to snag your spot!
- Once registered, look out for an email with the details on how to join via Zoom or Twitch!
Just for showing up, you can win some cold hard cash! Everyone who participates in one of these workouts will be entered in a raffle to win a $25 Visa gift card.
Don’t miss this chance to take a break and enjoy a fun, fresh new workout in the comfort of your own home during Mega Mash-Up hosted by the SRC … Where Matadors Belong!
Lace Up & Go Challenge
Monday, March 29 – Sunday, May 9
Via Nike Run Club App
Get moving this semester by walking, jogging or running with the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union during the Lace Up & Go Challenge! Grab your sneakers and join us to increase your endurance and meet your spring fitness goals while earning your chances to win some cool prizes. Check out the following “Program Details” and “Rules and Prizes” sections to learn how you can sign up, participate, and complete your entries in our amazing raffles!
- This challenge is open to the entire CSUN community. Non-student employees of the Student Recreation Center may participate but are not eligible to win any available prizes.
- All participants must sign up by completing the registration form online.
- Download the Nike Run Club app on iOS or Android and create a profile.
- After creating a profile, search for and add “STUDENT RECREATION CENTER CSUN – USU.” Then, our team will send you an invitation to join the fitness challenge!
- Accept our invitation to join the fitness challenge.
- Activities can be completed anywhere and at any time. Check your local health department on safe outdoor activities before going outside.
Rules and Prizes
- You must be enrolled and accept the challenge in your Nike Run Club app before your distance can be counted.
- All miles must be completed within the challenge dates, and self-reported through the Nike Club Run app.
- Every time you participate in the challenge, you will need to open Nike Run Club and press START to track your distance.
- Once you hit these following goals you’ll be entered in their amazing raffles.
- 50 Miles – $25 eGift Card
- 100 Miles – $50 eGift Card
- 150 Miles – Vibrating Foam Roller
RSVP online to get moving toward a healthier version of yourself during the virtual Lace Up & Go Challenge with the SRC… Where Matadors Play!