Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Make a Splash This Semester!
Monday, Oct. 3 – Friday, Oct. 28
Register on IMLeagues Monday, Sept. 5 – Monday, Oct. 3
Take to the SRC’s outdoor pools this semester during the Swim Challenge, hosted by the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union. Throughout this exciting challenge, you can come improve your stroke and use your personal lap totals to win big!
To get started:
- Register on IMLeagues for Swim Challenge.
- Once registered, create a Discord account and download the phone app and/or the desktop app.
- If you have an account, or after creating your new account, go to the SRC Programs server and read the Welcome and Rules channels to unlock the server.
- When the challenge begins, join us at the Rec Pool or Plaza Pool to start swimming. Be sure to grab your weekly punch pass from the on-site staff and let them know you’ll need your laps tracked. Each time you log a distance that you want to count for the challenge, have our staff sign off to make sure it counts. The first 30 participants to sign up will receive a FREE sports lap counter that can be used to track your laps, and those with the counter will be required to show the number of laps swam to the lifeguard on duty.
- Then submit your completed yards 48 hours after your swim has taken place on the SRC Swim Challenge discord channel and check the server for the winners posting when the challenge ends!
Once the challenge is over, the total swimming distances of all participants will be calculated to determine our champions!
Longest Distance: Speedo Goggles, Hydro Flask, Swimmer’s Tote Bag!
2nd Longest Distance: $35 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Longest Distance: $25 Amazon Gift Card
Get ready to beat the heat and start making waves during the Swim Challenge at the Rec and Plaza Pools, hosted by the Student Recreation Center of the USU … Where Matadors Belong!
Fit in 6
Monday, Sept. 26 – Sunday, Nov. 6
Register Aug. 29 – Sept. 14
Jumpstart your wellness journey with the Fit In 6 Wellness Program from the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union! During this program, you’ll have exclusive fitness resources and consultations with your personal trainer to start building healthy habits in just six weeks! Once you’ve successfully completed the program, you’ll be entered in a raffle for the chance to win one of three Personal Training Packages or a $100 gift card! To participate:
- Register through the SRC Portal or at the SRC Front Desk for the Fit In 6 Wellness Program.
- Attend a mandatory virtual orientation meeting between Sept. 19 and 23.
- Complete all fitness assessments and consultation appointments.
- Track your exercise and nutrition on a weekly tracking sheet.
- Complete weekly check-ins with your Fit In 6 lead.
- Participate in at least one of the following physical activities per week:
- Group Exercise (SRC or other)
- Outdoor Activity (Hiking, Swimming, Running, etc.)
- Indoor Activity (Treadmill Running, Cycling, Rowing, etc.)
- Personal Workout
Once you’ve successfully completed the program, you’ll be entered into a raffle for the chance to win one of the following:
- 2 Personal Training Sessions Package
- 5 Personal Training Sessions Package
- 10 Personal Training Sessions Package
- $100 Gift Card
Fall 2022 Step Challenge – Stage 1
Step Your Way to Victory!
Monday, Oct. 3 – Sunday, Oct. 9
Step your way through October during the first stage of the Fall 2022 Step Challenge, presented by the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union! Get moving with your team and track your progress for a chance to win some awesome prizes. The individual with the highest step count on each team at the end of this stage will receive a $25 CSUN Campus Store gift card, and all team members, including the individual with the highest step count, will receive a gift card based on their final team step count. To get started:
- Register your team of ten for Fall 2022 Step Challenge or join as a free agent on IMleagues.com, and designate one participant as the team captain.
a. Registration for phase 1 is open Monday, Sept. 26 – Sunday, Oct. 2
- Have each participant download the Pacer app (iOS or Android) on a mobile device.
- When the challenge begins, have each participant send their daily step count to the team captain.
- Team captains should submit each player’s step count daily by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check back daily for the rankings on the SRC Programs Discord server and await the winning teams to be crowned!
- The participant with the highest step count on each team will receive a $25 CSUN Campus Store gift card.
- Each team member, including the individual with the highest step count, will receive one of the gift cards below depending on their team’s final step count.
500,000 Steps — $10 Amazon Gift Card
750,000 Steps — $15 Amazon Gift Card
1,000,000 Steps — $20 Amazon Gift Card
Prizes are available for currently enrolled CSUN students only.
Enjoy the exciting journey together as a team with the Fall 2022 Step Challenge, hosted by the SRC of the University Student Union …Where Matadors Belong!