Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2018 Fall Swim Challenge, Sept. 17 – Oct. 21
Take the Challenge to Win and Stay Fit this Fall at the SRC!
Monday, Sept. 17 – Sunday, Oct. 21
The Student Recreation Center Aquatics Department is inviting all members to swim for the distance of their choice this fall during the SRC Swim Challenge. Splash into shape at the Rec and Plaza Pools for your chance to win cool prizes and giveaways. The more you swim, the more you can win!
- Participants must complete their laps within the indicated five-week time period.
- Each teammate can record a maximum of 2,000 yards per day.
- The first participant to swim 50,000 yards wins the first place prize, with subsequent finishers placing second, third, fourth and fifth.
- Each participant will have to manually input their daily yards into the SRC Challenges Portal.
- Participants must sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal or during tabling sessions — not at the SRC front desk.
- 1st Place — $100 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 2nd Place — $75 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 3rd Place — $50 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 4th & 5th Place — SRC Towel Service (One Semester)
There will also be giveaways for those who reach the following distance milestones:
- 10k yds (400 laps) — Sunglasses
- 30k yds (1,200 laps) — Keychain Sunscreen
- 50k yds (2,000 laps) — Aquatics Mesh Bag
Sign up on the SRC Challenges Portal or in-person at the Aquatics tabling at the SRC. Swim Challenge begins on Monday, Sept. 17, so sign up early and get ready to go the distance!
2018 Train Like A Pro Boxing Challenge, Nov. 5 – Nov. 10
Monday, Nov. 5 – Saturday, Nov. 10
Determination Studio, Student Recreation Center
Come to the SRC and show off your skills during our Train Like A Pro Boxing Challenge! Head over to the Determination Studio to learn the ropes and increase your skills in boxing. Participants who complete the skills challenges in the fastest time will win a prize and be hailed as champions! Whether you’re complete beginner or a heavyweight champion, this challenge is a great way to have fun while getting a full-body workout!
Any SRC member with an active membership may sign up for this challenge. Any non-SRC member participating must purchase a Guest Pass for each day of attendance at the facility and also be accompanied by a Student Recreation Center member at the time of entry. Non-student employees of the SRC may participate, but are not eligible to win any available prizes. Activities can be completed at the SRC during available Boxing Training Program (BTP) hours.
Register for the Train Like A Pro Challenge in person at the Top Level Training Zone during designated Boxing Training Program hours of operation and request a BTP pass. First time Boxing Training Program participants will be required to attend an initial 55-minute orientation.
The Train Like A Pro Boxing Challenge Includes:
- 100 straight punches on the Heavy Bag
- 25 straight punches on the Double End Bag
- 25 punches on the Speed Bag
- 50 dips on the Dip Line
- 75 Jump Rope
Scheduled Challenge Times are:
Monday, Nov. 5
1 – 9 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 6
10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
1 – 9 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 8
10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 9
11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10
Noon – 4 p.m.