Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Fit in 6
Transform Your Health and Fitness in Only Six Weeks
Chance to Win Great Prizes!
Monday, Sept. 23 – Sunday, Nov. 3
The Student Recreation Center wants to help you jump-start your health and fitness journey with the Fit in 6 wellness program! In just six weeks, we’ll help you achieve your fitness goals by providing you with four 30-minute training sessions, weekly accountability meetings with a personal trainer and individualized fitness assessments.
Each participant who successfully completes all program requirements will receive a $25 Visa gift card AND be entered into a raffle for the chance to win one of three 10-session Personal Training Packages.
Register before Saturday, Aug. 31 to become a stronger and healthier you with Fit in 6 at the SRC… Where Matadors Play!
- Participants will track their physical activity and nutrition habits daily through the SRC Challenges Portal.
- Participants can sign-up for Group Exercises classes through the MindBody Portal as early as two days in advance.
- Fitness assessments will be conducted before and after the program to measure progress.
- Fit in 6 Leads will offer support and guidance to participants during both weekly check-in meetings and throughout the six-week program.
- Fit in 6 Leads will conduct a goal-setting consultation and craft individualized health and fitness plans for each participant.
- Participants will receive special discounts on Personal Training Packages purchased during the sixth week of the program.
Register through Fusion or at the SRC front desk from Saturday, Aug. 24 until Saturday, Aug. 31 to achieve your fitness goals with the Fit in 6 wellness program!
It’s Time to Swim for Swag!
Monday, Sept. 16 – Sunday, Oct. 20
The Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union invites all members to swim for swag this fall semester during the SRC’s Swim Competition! Swim to great lengths and test your skills as you compete against other swimmers to achieve distance milestones and win the following special prizes:
- 10k yds. (400 Laps)—Sunglasses
- 30k yds. (1200 Laps)—Water Bottle
- 50k yds. (2000 Laps)—Mesh Bag
The first five individuals to complete 50K yards will also win a CSUN Campus Store gift card ranging from $15 to $100 in value.
Join us this fall semester at the SRC’s Swim Competition to win cool prizes and stay in shape!
- Participants must complete their laps during the SRC’s regular hours of operation between Monday, Sept. 16 and Sunday, Oct. 20.
- Swimmers must manually input their daily yards into the SRC Challenges Portal within 24 hours of completion. Yards that are not submitted by this time will not be counted towards the program.
- A maximum of 2,000 yards can be submitted per day.
- Swimming must take place in either the SRC or Plaza pools. Participants cannot input laps swam elsewhere.
- Punch passes will be distributed for each week of the competition. Participants must have an on-duty lifeguard sign their card for the laps completed each day. Participants can pick up new punch passes at the start of each week at both the SRC and Plaza pools.
- The first individual to complete 50,000 yards wins the first place prize; subsequent finishers will place second, third, fourth and fifth. Guards from both pools will communicate winners and mark the place each swimmer came in on their final punch pass.
To register for the SRC’s Swim Competition, please visit the SRC Challenges Portal from Monday, Aug. 26 until Thursday, Sept. 26.