Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Fall Back into Fitness
It’s Time for You to Get Active with the SRC!
Monday, Sept. 13 – Sunday, Oct. 10
Registration: Monday, Aug. 30 – Sunday, Oct. 10
Calling all Matadors! It’s your time to shine during Fall Back Into Fitness with the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union. This dynamic and engaging four-week program is designed to encourage you to create a personal fitness routine that works for you by engaging in a variety of health and fitness activities that you enjoy.
Once the challenge begins you will track your progress through the ChallengeRunner app for iOS or Android or the ChallengeRunner website to earn points and be entered into a raffle to win gift cards ranging from $10 – $75 as you reach a new level. At the end of the challenge, the person who earns the most points will be crowned Champion and will receive a special Grand Prize valued at over $200 — to be announced once the challenge begins!
All CSUN students, faculty, staff and alumni are welcome to register for this exciting challenge. To participate, first go to the SRC ChallengeRunner webpage and enroll in the “Fall Back into Fitness 2021” program under “Available Challenges”. Then either create an account if you are new to ChallengeRunner or log into your existing account. To make tracking a breeze, download the ChallengeRunner app for iOS or Android.
Then, on Monday, Sept. 13, you can begin manually tracking your daily activities in order to earn points and become eligible for available prizes. There are five different ways to earn points:
- Daily Physical Activity: Earn points by manually tracking the amount of moderate to vigorous physical activity, of any kind, completed each day.
- Daily SRC & Oasis Virtual Activities: Earn points each day by manually tracking when you participate in one of the following virtual activities offered by the SRC and Oasis Wellness Center:
- In-person or live-streamed fitness/mindfulness class
- YouTube on-demand fitness/mindfulness class
- Weekly Aftermath Booster: Earn points each week by sharing a post-workout picture of yourself in the program chat area.
- Spread the Word Booster: Earn points per each referral that registers for Fall Back into Fitness by Sept. 26.
Note: Referrals must be a part of the CSUN community and submitted no later than Sept. 26 into the Fall Back Into Fitness Referral Tracker for consideration. Points are manually entered by a program administrator once confirmed.
- Fitness & Wellness Booster: Earn points each when you register and attend special events/programs offered through the SRC and Oasis. See ChallengRunner for details.
Minimum Participation & Prize Eligibility
The more consistent you are with moving your body, the more opportunities you have to be entered into the raffles and win prizes! By collecting the minimum number of points per level you will be entered into the raffles to receive:
- Level 1: 54 points (2 Winners)
CSUN/SRC Swag Bag and a $10 Gift Card of Your Choice
- Level 2: 162 points (2 Winners)
$25 Gift Card of Your Choice
- Level 3: 234 points (1 Winner)
$50 Gift Card of Your Choice
- Level 4: 288 points (1 Winner)
$75 Gift Card of Your Choice
Additionally, the person with the most points earned at the end of the program will be the Fall Into Fitness Champion and receive a special grand prize to be announced once the challenge begins!
Note: In the event two or more people earn the same number of points, a raffle drawing will occur to determine the final winner.
Winners will be randomly selected by Thursday, Oct. 28. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the respective email no later than Thursday, Nov. 4. If a winner does not claim their prize by the deadline, a new winner will be drawn.
We can’t wait to Fall Into Fitness with you, Matadors, at the SRC of the University Student Union … Where Matadors belong!
Please contact us at via email with any questions.
Fit In 6 Wellness Program
A Great Way to Reach Your Personal Fitness Goals in Six Weeks
Monday, Sept. 27 – Sunday, Nov. 7
Register through the SRC Portal by Thursday, Sept 16
Jumpstart your wellness journey with the Fit In 6 Wellness Program. In just six weeks, you can transform into a healthier and stronger you by creating sustainable fitness goals with the help of a certified personal trainer. With virtual access and in-person workout options for all SRC members, you’ll have exclusive fitness resources and consultations with your personal trainer to start building healthy habits right away! Plus, if you choose to participate virtually, we’ll send you a special fitness kit with all the gear you need to crush your workouts. This amazing and highly effective program is just $80 for students and $100 for faculty and staff, and spots are limited and filling up fast, so don’t wait! To participate:
- Register through the SRC Portal for the Fit In 6 Wellness Program.
- Attend a mandatory virtual orientation meeting.
- Complete all fitness assessments and consultation appointments.
- Track your exercise and nutrition on a weekly tracking sheet.
- Complete weekly check-ins with your Fit In 6 lead.
- Participate in at least one of the following physical activities per week:
- Group Exercise (SRC or other)
- Outdoor Activity (Hiking, Swimming, Running, etc.)
- Indoor Activity (Treadmill Running, Cycling, Rowing, etc.)
- Personal Workout
Once you’ve successfully completed the program, you’ll be entered into a raffle for the chance to win one of the following:
- 2 Personal Training Session Package
- 5 Personal Training Session Package
- 10 Personal Training Session Package
- TRX® GO Suspension Trainer System
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to get up, get moving and get fit during the Fit In 6 Wellness Program hosted by the SRC of the University Student Union … Where Matadors Belong!
Fall Step Challenge
Make Your Fall Strolls with Friends Count!
Participate in one stage or even all four stages for the highest chances at winning!
Monday, Sept. 13 – Sunday, Sept. 19
Register Aug. 30 – Sept. 12
Monday, Oct. 11 – Sunday, Oct. 17
Register: Sept. 20 – Oct. 10
Monday, Nov. 1 – Sunday, Nov. 7
Register: Oct. 18 – 31
Monday, Nov. 29 – Sunday, Dec. 5
Register: Nov. 8 – 28
Get your team to the starting line this semester for a fun competition during the Fall Step Challenge! You and nine friends have the opportunity to get moving and strut your stuff to become the Fall Step Challenge champions. To get started:
- Register your team of ten for each stage of Fall Step Challenge on IMleagues.com, and designate one participant as the team captain.
- Have each participant download the Pacer app on a mobile device.
- When the challenge begins, have each participant send their daily step count to the team captain.
- Team captains should submit each player’s step count daily by emailing them to email@example.com.
- Check back daily for the rankings on the SRC Programs Discord server and await the winning teams to be crowned!
- All participants will be entered in a raffle for two $25 CSUN Campus Store gift cards!
- All participants in the winning team for each stage will win their very own Intramural Sports t-shirt!
- The participants with the highest step counts in each stage will receive a CSUN Campus Store gift card:
- First Place: $75 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- Second Place: $50 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- Third Place: $25 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
Enjoy the exciting journey together as a team with the Fall Step Challenges hosted by the SRC of the University Student Union … Where Matadors Belong!
Monday, Oct. 4 – Friday, Oct. 29
Register on IMLeagues by Sunday, Oct. 3
Take to the SRC’s outdoor pools this fall during the Swim Challenge, hosted by the Student Recreation Center of the University Student Union. Throughout this exciting challenge, you can come improve your stroke and use your personal lap totals to win big, exclusively at the Plaza and Rec Pools!
To get started:
- Register on IMLeagues for Swim Challenge.
- Once registered, create a Discord account and download the phone app and/or the desktop app.
- If you have an account, or after creating your new account, go to the SRC Programs server and read the Welcome and Rules channels to unlock the server.
- When the challenge begins, join us at the Rec Pool or Plaza Pool to start swimming. Be sure to grab your weekly punch pass from the on-site staff and let them know you’ll need your laps tracked. Each time you log a distance that you want to count for the challenge, have our staff sign off to make sure it counts.
- Then submit your weekly pass back to the Aquatics staff and check Discord for the winners posting!
Once the challenge is over, the total swimming distances of all participants will be calculated to determine our champions!
- Longest Distance: Speedo Goggles, Hydro Flask, Swimmer’s Tote Bag!
- 2nd Longest Distance: $35 Amazon Gift Card
- 3rd Longest Distance: $25 Amazon Gift Card
Get ready to beat the heat and start making waves during Swim Challenge at the Rec and Plaza Pools, hosted by the Student Recreation Center of the USU … Where Matadors Belong!
Run It to Win It Challenge
Hit the Road, Track, Treadmill or Trail to Win It All!
Monday, Oct. 18 – Sunday, Nov. 14
Registration: Monday, Oct. 18 – Sunday, Nov. 14
Get your endorphins flowing with the Run It to Win It Challenge. Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or an expert runner perfecting your stride, we challenge you to log 100 miles over four weeks by walking, jogging, or running. The more miles you log via ChallengeRunner, the more you can win!
All CSUN students, faculty, staff and alumni are welcome to join us for some healthy competition during this virtual fitness challenge! To participate, all you will need to do is:
- Visit the SRC ChallengeRunner webpage and enroll in the “Run It to Win It Challenge” program under “Available Challenges.”
- Create an account if you are new to ChallengeRunner or log into your existing account.
- To make tracking a breeze, download the ChallengeRunner app for iOS or Android.
- On Monday, Oct. 18, start logging your miles to build up your cadence, push your pace and get one step closer to winning awesome prizes!
- All competitors who complete 25 miles will be entered in a raffle to win a $25 gift card of their choice!
- All competitors who complete 50 miles will be entered in a raffle to win a $50 gift card of their choice!
- All competitors who complete the challenge goal of 100 miles over the four weeks will be entered in a raffle to win a $100 gift card of their choice!
Winners will be randomly selected, and will be contacted no later than Friday, Nov. 19. Winners MUST claim their prize by responding to the respective email no later than Tuesday, Nov. 30. If a winner does not claim their prize by the deadline, a new winner will be drawn.
Get ready to walk, jog or run for glory during the Run It to Win It Challenge and win big with the SRC of the University Student Union … Where Matadors Belong!
Please contact Alfredo Padilla with any questions.