Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Fall 2017 Turkey Burn-Off Challenge, Nov. 20 – Nov. 26
Snap out of your holiday food coma and stay in shape!
Monday, Nov. 20 – Sunday, Nov. 26
The Turkey Burn-Off Challenge is definitely the right event at the right time! Just complete a minimum of three eligible workout activities at the SRC or Oasis Wellness Center from at least two of the specified fitness goals and you’ll be automatically entered into a raffle for some awesome prizes.
Participate in a minimum of three of the following workout activities per category:
- Cardio Endurance
- Attend a Cardio Group Exercise Class.
- Join the Boxing Training Program. (New Members will be required to complete an orientation prior to participating. Sign up at the Total Training Zone desk.)
- Use any cardio equipment such as the treadmill, elliptical, bike, step mill, rower, ergometer, etc.
- Walk or run on the indoor track.
- Play basketball, volleyball, soccer or any other Open Recreation activities.
- Swim in the Rec Pool or Plaza Pool.
- Participate in Intramural Sports.
- Muscular Strength, Endurance and Power
- Attend a Strength and Endurance Group Exercise Class.
- Use any strength equipment located in any of the three training zones such as the selectorized equipment, plate-loaded equipment, dumbbells etc.
- Use The Ridge Rock Wall. (New members will be required to sign a waiver at the SRC front desk before using the rock wall.)
- Attend a Restorative Group Exercise Class.
- Perform stretching or foam-rolling activities in any of the three training zones.
- Lay out by a pool.
- Attend a yoga/meditation class or use a Nap Pod at the Oasis Wellness Center (available only to CSUN students).
When you sign up, you’ll receive a free commemorative t-shirt! (Limit one shirt per person, while supplies last). If you complete at least two out of the three specified fitness goals, you’ll be entered in a raffle to win the grand prize!
- In order to participate, members must sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal or at the SRC front desk between Monday, Nov. 6 and Saturday, Nov. 25.
- Participants must complete all activities within the challenge period (Nov. 20 – 26) during regular hours of operation.
- All activities must be completed at the SRC and Oasis Wellness Center and submitted through the SRC Challenges Portal the same day by 11:59 p.m.
- The winner of the challenge will be contacted no later than Tuesday, Nov. 28. If they do not claim their prize by Tuesday, Dec. 5, a new winner will be drawn.
StrongMatador: Obstacle Course Challenge, Nov. 13 – 17
Here’s your chance to claim the ultimate title at the SRC!
Monday, Nov. 13 – Friday, Nov. 17
Do you have what it takes to be named StrongMatador? Then get ready to put your skills to the test during our StrongMatador: Obstacle Course Challenge at the Student Recreation Center in the new Top Level Training Zone! This fitness challenge will be a true test of your physical abilities.
- StrongMatador T-Shirt (For Top 10 Competitors)
- $100 Visa Gift Card
- StrongMatador Champion Medal
- Showcase on SRC Social Media