Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
Swing Into Spring: Move More Challenge
Get active to win free workout gear and gift cards!
Monday, Jan. 4 – Sunday, Jan. 24
Registration opens Monday, Dec. 28
The Move More Challenge is open to all CSUN students, faculty, staff and alumni. This 21-day virtual movement challenge will encourage you to get up and get moving more to reach the activity goal set for each week. If you do, you’ll be entered in a series of raffles to take home some sweet fitness prizes! Plus the Top 21 who track the most minutes during the entire program will be entered into a raffle for a $100 gift card of their choice!
Once you’ve registered, there are a couple ways you can log your movements:
Option 1: If you want to manually enter your activity, then you’re all set to do so inside ChallengeRunner starting Jan 4. You can go ahead and skip this next part to read about the Rules and Prizes!
Option 2: If you want your activity to be automatically entered into ChallengeRunner, then follow the next two easy steps to sync an eligible fitness device or app.
- Download one of the following apps on your activity tracking device or smartphone: Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Google Fit (Online), Google Fit (Mobile), Misfit, Omron, Polar, Samsung Health, Strava, and Withings (Nokia).
- Once you have your app on the same device as ChallengeRunner, navigate to “Fitness Tracker” inside “Settings” of ChallengeRunner and select the activity tracker you want to authorize. You will then be prompted to login again with your ChallengeRunner information. Once you’ve completed this linking, you’re ready to move!
Note: You can only activate one activity tracker at a time. More information about activity trackers or troubleshooting.
- Participants must either manually enter or sync their activity tracker inside of ChallengeRunner daily.
- To be eligible for available prizes, participants must reach the minimum requirements set for each week.
- If selected as a raffle winner, participants must claim their prize by responding to the respective email no later than by Thursday, Feb. 4. If a winner does not claim their prize by the deadline, a new winner will be drawn.
By reaching each week activity goal, participants will get one entry into the weekly raffle!
- Week 1 Activity Goal: 105 Minutes (15 Minutes per Day)
FIVE winners will each get their very own speed jump rope!
- Week 2 Activity Goal: 175 Minutes (25 Minutes per Day)
TWO winners will each get their very own set of resistance bands!
- Week 3 Activity Goal: 280 Minutes (40 Minutes per Day)
TWO winners will each get their very own set of dumbbells!
In addition, the Top 21 participants who track the most minutes during the entire program will be entered into a raffle for a $100 gift card of their choice!
Learn the Basics
Your Fitness Journey Begins Here!
Jan. 7 – Feb. 4
Register on MINDBODY one week in advance.
Come learn new ways to support your fitness journey with the SRC during Learn the Basics! With four different interactive workshops for you to attend on Zoom, you can expand your knowledge of fitness with guidance and direction from some of our SRC trainers and instructors.
Cultivating Crow Pose and Learn How To “Fly”
Thursday, Jan. 7
6 – 7 p.m.
Hypertrophy Training: How To Increase Your Muscle Mass
Thursday, Jan. 14
4 – 5 p.m.
Program Design 101: How To Build Your Own Training Program
Thursday, Jan. 21
5 – 6 p.m.
How To Build Stronger Glutes
Thursday, Feb. 4
1 – 2 p.m.
To participate, all you have to do is:
- Register through MINDBODY for the workshop(s) you wish to attend. Registration opens one week before each workshop.
- Sign on to Zoom with the meeting information provided before your workshop begins.
Join us for one or all of these awesome workshops and learn about how to get the most out of your workouts during Learn the Basics, hosted by the Student Recreation Center… Where Matadors Play!
Swing Into Spring: Run It to Win It Challenge
Hit the road, track or trail to win it all!
Monday, Jan. 25 – Friday, Feb. 5
Registration opens Jan. 18
Join us in this all-new virtual fitness challenge to start the semester with some healthy competition! To compete, all you will need to do is:
- Register through the SRC website.
- Download the Nike Run Club App on your mobile device, and login or create an account.
- Send a friend request on the app to the “STUDENT RECREATION CENTER CSUN – USU.” It may take up to 24 hours for your request to be accepted.
- Once you are accepted, be on the lookout for an invitation from our account to the “Run It to Win it Challenge.”
- Accept that invitation and get ready to build up your cadence, and push your pace!
- All competitors who complete the challenge goal of 50 miles over the 12 days will be entered in a raffle to win our Personal Training Package which consists of five FREE sessions!
- The first competitor to log 50 miles on the Nike Run Club App will win a $50 Lululemon gift card!!
- The second competitor to log 50 miles on the Nike Run Club App will win a $30 Nike gift card!!
- The third competitor to log 50 miles on the Nike Run Club App will win a $20 Amazon gift card!!
Winners MUST claim their prize by Monday, Feb. 8.
Get ready to run for glory at the Run It to Win It Challenge and win big with the SRC … Where Matadors Play!
Start of Spring Semester Step Challenge
Put Some Spring in Your Step!
Monday, Jan. 25 – Sunday, Jan. 31
Register on IMLeagues through Sunday, Jan. 24
Step into Spring with the Student Recreation Center during the Start of Spring Semester Step Challenge!
Kick off the new semester with fun and fitness during the week-long Start of Spring Semester Step Challenge. With a team of up to 10 members, you and your friends can walk, jog, run or hike your way to victory, accumulating points along the way. To participate, all you have to do is:
- Register through IMLeagues for the Start of Spring Semester Step Challenge.
- Create a Discord account and join the Student Recreation Center’s server.
- Download the Pacer app on a mobile device.
- When the challenge begins on Monday, Jan. 25, start tracking your steps through the Pacer app.
All members of the team with the highest step count at the end of the challenge will each walk away with a $10 Amazon gift card and the individual participant with the highest overall step count will receive an Intramural Sports Hoodie. Every participant in the challenge will also walk away with a FREE Intramural Sports Towel and be entered in a raffle for awesome running accessories!
For a special boost, all steps you accumulate on Monday, Jan. 25 will be doubled and added to your team and individual totals! Let’s start this Spring with some fun and healthy habits during the Start of Spring Semester Step Challenge hosted by the Student Recreation Center … Where Matadors Play!
Fit In 6 Wellness Program
A Great Way to Reach Your Personal Fitness Goals!
Monday, Feb. 8 – Sunday, March 21
Register through the SRC Portal Sunday, Jan. 17 to Sunday, Jan. 31
Jumpstart your wellness journey with the Fit In 6 Wellness Program. In just six weeks, you can transform into a healthier and stronger you by creating a sustainable fitness plan with the help of a certified personal trainer. To get you equipped for your wellness journey, we’ll send you a special fitness kit during the second week of the program with all the gear you need to crush your workouts. This amazing and highly effective program is just $80 for students and $100 for faculty and staff, and spots are limited and filling up fast, so don’t wait! To participate:
- Register through the SRC Portal for the Fit In 6 Wellness Program.
- Attend a mandatory virtual orientation meeting.
- Complete all fitness assessments and consultation appointments.
- Track your exercise and nutrition on a weekly tracking sheet.
- Complete weekly check-ins with your Fit In 6 lead.
- Participate in at least one of the following physical activities per week:
- Group Exercise (SRC or other)
- Outdoor Activity (Hiking, Swimming, Running, etc.)
- Indoor Activity (Treadmill Running, Cycling, Rowing, etc.)
- Personal Workout
Once you’ve successfully completed the program, you’ll be entered into a raffle for the chance to win one of the following:
- 2 Personal Training Session Package
- 5 Personal Training Session Package
- 10 Personal Training Session Package
- TRX® GO Suspension Trainer System
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to get up, get moving and get fit during the Fit In 6 Wellness Program hosted by the SRC … Where Matadors Play!