Members of Unified We Serve are expected to commit to two requirements: 1) Attend Unified We Serve meetings twice a month (see Events and Meetings for a list of meeting dates and times); and 2) Serve 25 hours of service throughout the academic year by attending Unified We Serve events (by doing so, you will earn the President's Volunteer Service Award).
If you are unable to attend the meetings, you can still be a member of Unified We Serve. Make sure you designate on the Membership Form that you will attend the events but are not able to come to the bi-monthly meetings.
Various Community Service Events
As a member of Unified We Serve, students get to participate in a variety of community service events. Check out the list below to get an idea of what you could be a part of as a member.
Walks and Fundraisers
- AIDS Walk
- Autism Walk
- Autism Speaks fundraisers
- Haiti Benefit Concert
- Hope for Japan Benefit Concert
- Lupus Walk
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Walk
- Relay for Life (Cancer Research)
- Zumbathon for Breast Cancer Research
- Adopt-A-Family for Thanksgiving Program
- Cesar Chavez Service Fair
- Community Beautification Projects
- CSUN Campus Clothing and Food Drive
- Leadership Development Program for Youth
- MEND Super Saturday Assessment Program
- Reading to Kids
- School Beautification Project
- Veterans Letter Writing Campaign
- Youth Mentorship
- Autism Simulation
- Hunger Banquet
- Poverty Simulation
- Social Justice Training
- Survive The Night
Join Unified We Serve Now
Get UNIFIED so that together WE can SERVE
Unified We Serve, the Volunteer Program at California State University, Northridge, is a program from the Matador Involvement Center. Our goal is unify students, faculty, staff and community members to provide the greatest amount of resources to serve the community. As a member you will join a team of students to plan and participate in service events and will be a leader of service on this campus.
To become a member of Unified We Serve, please register for membership by submitting information on the form below.
- Attend at least two meetings per month.
- Commit to attending service projects both on campus and in the community
- Participate in a minimum of 25 hours of service a year (you will earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award).
* required field
See what other Unified We Serve students are doing to improve their communities and assert their commitment to service.
Talar Alexanian, former events assistant for Unified We Serve (fall 2011-spring 2013) was appointed to the unprecedented position of student trustee on the California State University Board of Trustees, which is responsible for the oversight of the system’s 23 schools. Talar is the first CSUN student to ever serve in this role. See the full article here.
Travis White, current programs assistant for Unified We Serve, was named the 2013 Campus Compact Newman Civic Fellow, a prestigious honor that is awarded to only one CSUN student and to only 181 students across the country. See the full article here.
UWS Members (Past and Present)
The UWS Members are and heart and soul of CSUN’s Volunteer Program and are the main Spotlight for their dedication and devotion to making a positive impact in the community! We thank each and every one of you for making the UWS experience special!