What is CHRS?
The Common Human Resources System (CHRS) is a single HR system for all 23 campuses in the California State University system. The program is in progress, with all campuses scheduled to be live by 2022.
|23 Different versions of software, which is difficult and costly to maintain||All campuses on one common system|
|Campuses using different HR processes||Efficient and more cost-effective|
|No common way of doing business or sharing resources||Perform HR processes in a common way and can support other campuses|
|PeopleSoft 9.0 is not supported anymore||All campuses on PeopleSoft 9.2|
CHRS includes these modules and elements:
Why we're implementing CHRS and what that means to you:
CHRS will require a change in processes and procedures for staff and faculty that are involved with matters from self-service to recruitment or serving on search committees. Following are just some of the reasons and benefits we're implementing CHRS:
- Current software (PeopleSoft 9.0) is unsustainable and unsupported
- CHRS will bring streamlined HR business processes and best practices to every university in the CSU system
- Enhanced reporting will provide data to assist decision-making
- Single database will allow new software to be deployed more rapidly
- Recognized cost savings from maintenance and upgrades
- CHRS positions us to move to future technologies more easily
- Some campuses will gain functionality and tools immediately, while larger campuses with modified sofware will reap benefits form continuous releases and enhancements
- Allows resource sharing between campuses.