CSUN offers you and your family a comprehensive benefits package including health plans, retirement plans, tuition reduction, and other employee programs. This website is intended to assist you with finding information and resources as you need it. We realize that making benefit choices and navigating the details of benefit coverage can be challenging. In these pages, we have attempted to provide you with the information you need to make the best coverage choices and to access the information needed to manage your plan after you have made those choices.
Introducing LANDED - A Home Buying Assistance Program for CSU Employees!
The California State University is pleased to introduce Landed, a company dedicated to helping working professionals achieving their dreams of homeownership. Landed offers:
• Financial solutions, including their down payment program to help you reach 20%.
• A network of trustworthy agents and lenders to support you along the homebuying journey.
• Free homebuying resources and guidance to help you prepare for homeownership.
California Casualty Offering $25 Amazon Gift Card to Complete an Auto Quote
California Casualty, a long-time CSU Benefits partner, appreciates your dedication to helping others. In honor of your commitment to making our world a better place, California Casualty is offering a $25 Amazon.com gift card if you complete an auto quote. Click on the following link or California Casualty icon: Get your quote today!
When the unexpected happens, California Casualty is here for you. In an effort to help during these uncertain times, California Casualty has enhanced their “Skip Payment” policy benefit to include two consecutive months of premium deferment. Take advantage of learning more about the many other unique policy benefits/features that California Casualty offers employees.
Current Benefits Updates and Resources
Recognizing these times of uncertainly related to COVID-19, we want to encourage you to review your current health plan website and your Employee Assistance Program. If you need medical advice, call your primary care provider or your health plan before going to a clinic or hospital. Calling ahead helps your provider direct you to the most appropriate care, and take precautions to protect other members, patients, and employees. Kaiser Permanente members can visit here for additional information.
CSU Plan Vendor Resources for Employees Impacted by COVID-19
CSU employees and their family members who are impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible to receive one or more adjusted benefits offered through CSU Plan Providers. Visit here to learn more or how to request these benefits.
Employee Assistance Program - LifeMatters
Remember, when you or your family/household members need helpful guidance, your LifeMatters@CSUN program (administered by Empathia Pacific, Inc.) is available on a live basis, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. LifeMatters also has resources that include but are not limited to tips for preparedness at home as well as how to talk with your children about the Coronavirus. Visit:LifeMatters@CSUN (password: Matadors).
California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) Dependent Re-Verification Requirement
Dependent Re-verification (DRV) is the process of re-verifying the eligibility of your spouse, domestic partner, children, stepchildren, and domestic partner children (family members) enrolled for state health and dental benefits. Government Code section 22843.1 mandates re-verifying the eligibility of your family members. Government Code section 22959 authorizes extending this review to your family members enrolled for dental benefits.
- The eligibility of your family members will be re-verified once every three years. The re-verification period is based on your birth month. Employees born during the following months are required to re-verify family members during 2021: January, April, July and October.
- For those employees with birthdays in April, you do not need to send in the Dependent Eligibility Verification Affidavit mailed to you by CalPERS. As a sustainable and convenient alternative, you will receive an email from Adobe Sign allowing you to complete your required Dependent Eligibility Verification Affidavit and attach the required documents. Please complete and submit your required documents prior to March 31, 2021, in order for your dependent(s) to continue receiving health coverage and avoid cancellation on 5/1/2021.
For more information visit the following page: Health Care Dependent Re-Verification