You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester. If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and your grades and degree are posted. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed all course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts. You can check for missing transcripts in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal. Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
If you are sending us California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.
- Before enrolling in classes, contact the CSUN Credential Office to schedule an appointment with your advisor and review your academic plan.
- Watch for your registration appointment, which will display each semester in myNorthridge Portal > in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid, view your class and final exam schedule, check grades, and a lot more. For help, see the How To Guides.
- Understand tuition and fees, payment options and deadlines at University Cash Services and with the handy fee payment flyer.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid in the coming academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
- If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services.
We want to communicate with you! So please:
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.