CRITERIA FOR CHARTERING / RE-CHARTERING CENTERS & INSTITUTES
All charters to follow required format (see Charter Template).
At least 45 days prior to a charter's expiration, Directors must submit the following documents with the request to re-charter:
- A new original copy of the center charter using the current Charter Template, signed by the center Director and appropriate administrator (i.e., College Dean)
- A revenue and expense report for the entire period of the last charter using the 5-yr Financial Template
- A brief memo that includes the following:
- A brief statement indicating how the activities of the Center/Institute align with the Road Map to the Future's Strategic Directions
- A list of years in which no annual report was filed
- A list of grants and contracts applied for and secured for entire period of the last charter
- A list of published research and/or working papers and reports submitted for the entire period of the last charter
- If serving clients, a report detailing numbers and effectiveness for entire period of the last charter
- If a performance or production center, a report on creative work for the entire period of the last charter
Forward the re-charter request documents to Sherrie Hixon. Requests to renew will then be coordinated for review at Provost's Council.
Provost's Council can make recommendations based on the request to 1) re-charter; 2) deny re-charter; or 3) re-charter for a probationary period.