New employees who received a CSUN ID and CSUN Portal access can
- Purchase a parking permit for the semester or year online via the CSUN portal. [Click here for instructions.]
- Purchase a parking permit for the semester or year in-person at the CSUN Parking Office, located in the Police Services Building at the corner of Darby Avenue and Prairie Street. Employees must present a CSUN employee photo ID with bargaining unit printed.
Employees who are full-time permanent and receive 12 paychecks a year can
- Enroll in a monthly Payroll Deduction* for parking at the CSUN Parking Office, located in the Police Services Building at the corner of Darby Avenue and Prairie Street. Employees must present a CSUN employee photo ID with bargaining unit printed AND submit the first month’s payment at the time of enrollment.
- Payroll Deduction* enables you to automatically pay for a parking permit every month by deducting the fee from your paycheck. Most employees sign up for this option.
Motorcycle/Moped permits are available for purchase at the CSUN Parking Office. No physical permit is actually issued for motorcycles or mopeds. Instead, the permit is tracked by way of the license plate number. To purchase a parking permit for your motorcycle or moped, you must bring the following to the Parking Office:
- Valid DMV registration (Original only, no copies)
- CSUN Photo ID
Members of the CSUN community who have a valid Semester or Annual Permit for a car, truck, or van, may obtain a Parking Permit for their motorcycle/moped at no additional charge. The DMV registration that is submitted must be registered to the same person who purchased the CSUN permit.
Daily Permits for Motorcycles or Mopeds are available for purchase only at the Information Booths.
Motorcycles/Mopeds MUST must park in motorcycle stalls only.
The parking permit must be clearly visible from outside of the vehicle.
To be valid, the parking permit must be affixed to the vehicle front inside windshield, lower corner, passenger side, while parked at CSUN.
The entire permit must be visible including serial number and security features.
To be valid, Semester and Annual permits must be affixed to the vehicle front inside windshield, lower corner, passenger side, while parked at CSUN. The entire permit must be visible including serial number and security features. The repositionable permits can be easily moved. To move these permits, lift any corner and gently pull away from the inside of the windshield.
Daily Student Parking Permits are only valid in student parking lots. The permit must be placed face up on the dashboard making sure that the entire permit is visible.
Please read and heed the parking instructions below or call the Parking Office.
1. Parking permits are required at all times in all areas of campus. All persons using our parking facilities are to park in designated parking areas and spaces and, to purchase the appropriate parking permit before parking in designated areas and spaces.
2. A designated parking space is formed between (2) painted parallel lines. Unless the space is so defined,
it is not a designated parking space.
3. Provisions of California Vehicle Code are enforced on the campus.
4. CURB COLORS ARE ENFORCED.
BLUE - Disabled Permit/Placard Required
RED - No Parking
YELLOW - Loading/Unloading Zone
If you are on payroll deduction and do not receive a renewal permit with your August pay warrant, please contact Parking and Transportation Services for immediate assistance.
All lost or stolen CSUN Semester, Academic Year, or Annual parking permits must be reported in person at the Parking Office.
There is a $10.00 replacement fee for all lost or stolen permit reports.
Permits will be replaced only one time at the fee of $10.00 dollars. If a permit is lost or stolen more than once during its valid period it may be replaced a second or third time at the prorated value.
The use of a lost, stolen, or altered parking permit is a misdemeanor under California Vehicle Code(CVC 21113 (A)). Vehicles displaying a permit that has been reported lost or stolen are subject to immobilization or towing.