Please be advised traffic on campus roads and parking lots has the potential to become heavily impacted for the first several weeks of the semester. Parking lots nearest the core of the campus will fill as early as 8AM Monday thru Thursday. Detour routes may occur after 10AM. In preparation for potential traffic delays we recommend you plan for an additional 45 minutes to your daily commute. When you arrive on campus we also recommend you follow the direction of LED sign boards and traffic direction officers to find the nearest available parking space. Please click here for a detailed traffic map.
Parking and Transportation Services is dedicated to meeting your commuter needs. We appreciate your patience during the first couple of weeks of the semester when traffic levels are highest. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-677-2157.
Parking Projects Last Year and Moving Forward
In addition to standard services, over the past year we have implemented several projects designed to streamline your parking experience:
- Faculty, staff and students are able to purchase annual and semester permits online via the portal, saving you valuable time and resources.
- Take advantage of our smart phone app MobileNOW to purchase your daily permits.
This year we will focus our efforts on enhancing parking infrastructure though the following projects:
- The NEW 1500+ space G6 Parking Structure is scheduled to open by Fall 2020. Access to the structure is designed to ease congestion and improve traffic flow on the east side of campus.
- Additional EV charging stations! An estimated 95 new EV charging stations will be made available once the new G9 structure opens Fall 2020.
- Find open parking spaces instantly using the CSUN parking space availability app.
Pay by Phone Parking - Now Available Using the MobileNOW App
The MobileNOW App can be used to purchase parking for Student lots only. It is NOT VALID in Residential Lots.
Rates are as follows:
Daily to 11:59pm
Use any web-enabled device to purchase daily/hourly parking. Click here for instructions to purchase daily/hourly parking.
Parking and Transportation Services is committed to serving the CSUN community
Every dollar of parking permit revenue goes directly toward the operation, maintenance, upkeep and expansion of parking and transportation programs and facilities. We encourage CSUN employees to visit the Transportation Program Website to learn about the various commuter programs (transit subsidies for Metro bus, Metrolink train, and AVTA Commuter Express bus) that may be viable options.