CSUN is now providing free, voluntary COVID-19 screening to campus employees approved to work on campus. We have engaged a third-party vendor, Picture, by Fulgent Genetics, to increase our testing capacity and offer free, convenient testing services to employees as one of several initiatives in place to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
WHO IS THE TESTING FOR?
- Testing is strongly recommended for all CSUN faculty and staff specifically approved to physically work continually or periodically on campus.
- This testing is currently not available to faculty & staff working remotely.
- Please note: This type of testing is for asymptomatic individuals (i.e. no symptoms) only. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we recommend you contact your healthcare provider immediately for further evaluation. Anyone who has contracted COVID-19 within the last 90 days should not participate in this ongoing testing.
REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN VOLUNTARY COVID-19 TESTING:
- To participate, register by selecting and completing the following registration link.
- Employees may use their work computers to login and request the test kit. An employee that does not have a work computer, will be provided access to one if needed.
- After verifying that you are approved to work on campus, you will be emailed a nasal swab testing kit gift code from CSUN Human Resources.
- Visit the Picture Genetics website:
- Select "I have a gift code or kit from my employer/school"
- Select "I have a code, but no kit"
- Enter your kit gift code, and select "Redeem Code"
- Create an account. You may use a personal email.
- Complete three health status questions to confirm your eligibility for testing, and provide some demographic and contact information.
- Submit the order. The screen will reflect $0 cost.
- You will be sent a COVID-19 nasal swab kit via FedEx 2-day shipping.
TAKING THE TEST:
- When you’re ready to take the test you’ll activate the kit in the portal and collect your nasal swab sample
- You can view a how-to instructional video at: https://www.picturegenetics.com/nasalswab
- Mail it back via FedEx to Picture/Fulgent Genetics in a pre-labeled, pre-paid overnight envelope.
- Ensure your kit is dropped off before the last Express pickup of the day, and not on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
- Your secure digital results report will be available in your Picture portal within 48 hours after your sample is received. You will have the option to schedule a telehealth consult at this time
- Only you and the contracted vendor will have access to employee test results. CSUN will only be able to request results in aggregate form (no identifiable information).
- 25% of the testing participating population will be selected weekly for testing so that each employee is tested once a month.
- For additional information or assistance, please contact Kanwal Azeem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: