Faculty, staff and student employees working on campus, who do not self-certify that they have been fully vaccinated by the fall semester or who have been provided a medical or religious exemption, will be required to participate in free weekly COVID-19 testing.
To opt out of weekly testing, please provide your self-certification of being fully vaccinated through the myNorthridge Portal. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
Initial testing will need to be completed within seven days of the start of classes (January 22, 2022) and then weekly thereafter. Weekly testing will be at no cost to employees and conducted during work hours. The COVID-19 test is a PCR nasal swab which will be administered through a third-party vendor, Fulgent. Faculty, staff and student employees will be able to select if they prefer to test on campus or conduct their own test at home.
On campus testing –
On campus testing will be available Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at kiosks located near the Extended University Commons and University Student Union (USU) Freudian Sip. Please see the map for Employee COVID-19 Kiosk Testing locations. Test results will be provided 24 - 48 hours after test date.
Winter Break Schedule
Kiosks will be closed on Monday, January 17, 2022 in observation of the holiday.
- Operational throughout Winter Break - Student Housing Kiosk (located outside Building 21, park in Lot F09 and walk to the Kiosk) – No appointment needed
- Operational throughout Winter Break - University Student Union (USU) Freudian Sip Kiosk
- Resuming operation on 1/24/2022 - Extended University Commons Kiosk
Following are instructions to schedule an appointment for on-site testing:
- Go to CSUN On Campus Testing.
- Select the Kiosk location, then select a date and time for your appointment.
- Enter your name, CSUN ID, CSUN Email, Phone Number then select Employee Type.
- To receive a text message reminder in addition to an email reminder check the consent button.
- Then select “Book” to finish making you appointment. You’ll receive a confirmation email and calendar invite.
Testing from home –
Fulgent will provide at home employee test kits. The test kits will be mailed to the homes of employees for self-administration and then employees will drop off the test sample at any FedEx location. Test results will be provided 24 – 48 hours after the lab receives the mailed test kit. Please note, test kits are for CSUN employees only.
To request a home employee test kit, please complete the Testing Request Form.
If you already requested a home test kit, you will be provided an access code each week.
Employees who have certified their vaccination status may voluntarily choose to participate in testing, noting that testing on campus will not be an option for someone who is experiencing symptoms.
For additional information or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
In addition to the following FAQ's, please also view the FAQ's on the Matadors Forward website.