This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
This guide explains how to set your own registration appointment to enroll in summer classes and return to add classes or adjust your schedule. All students may follow these steps to register for summer classes.
- Eligible New and Continuing CSUN Students
1. Create your own appointment to register on a "first come, first served" basis.
2. Then enroll later during the Registration-by-Appointment period.
- Visiting Summer Students— Wait to register until the Nonrestrictive and Late Registration periods. Note: Before enrolling, visiting summer students should set up their CSUN account, User ID and Password. See How to Establish Yourself in the System or contact The Tseng College of Extended Learning.
For summer registration dates and policies, visit the website for your student group below:
- Most CSUN students and visitors, see Tseng College (Extended Learning) Summer (self-support classes)
- Special year-round CSUN cohort program students and SPRINT students (state support classes), see the Summer Term Registration Calendar.
- Permission numbers are required to add state-supported, year-round cohort classes at all times.
- SPRINT students must have applied for and received the SPRINT Grant to enroll.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link.
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge Portal displays. Select the Home tab.
Eligible New and Continuing CSUN Students—Create your own appointment to register on a first-to-arrive basis.
- In the Incomplete Tasks section of My Checklist, look for any registration holds. They will block your enrollment, so resolve them as soon as possible.
- Select the Enroll in Classes icon in the Quick Links box, or you can choose the Summer Appt/Enrollment link in My Checklist to set an appointment.
- Enroll later during the Registration-by-Appointment period and thereafter.
Visiting Summer Students—You will not see My Checklist. Wait to register until the Nonrestrictive and Late Registration periods.
When you select the "Enroll in Classes Quick Links icon, the "Register For Classes" light box displays the term and programs available for enrollment.
- Select Summer.
The Summer Enrollment (Appointment) page displays.
- If the registration system recognizes you as an eligible CSUN student, your summer enrollment appointment will display.
- If the system recognizes you as a visiting summer student, a notice will display directing you to return during the Nonrestrictive Registration period.
When your registration appointment arrives and/or Nonrestrictive Registration begins, log back into myNorthridge and select the Home tab.
- In the Quick Links box, select the Enroll in Classes icon and then select Summer (term selection box not shown) to begin enrolling.
- Return as often as you like during the published registration periods.
Learn more at Add a Class.
The Student Fee Payment Notice displays disclosures, financial responsibility acknowledgements, Form 1098-T information, and where to find your account charges and payment deadlines.*
- If you haven’t already, check the “yes” or “no” boxes for electronic delivery of your IRS Form 1098-T. The form helps you to determine your eligibility for an Education Tax Credit. See About the 1098-T Disclosure Statement.
- Read the Statement of Financial Responsibility and other information.
- If you agree, select the button "I have read and understand the above statement." (If not, return to the portal or the Student Center, or log out.)
* Payment Deadlines:
- Most CSUN and visiting students must pay for summer classes within 2 hours of registration. See Tseng College Summer Fees.
- CSUN students enrolling in a summer, state-supported cohort program have different deadlines. See University Cash Services Fee Payment Schedule.
The Select Classes to Add page displays for summer term.
- Type the five-digit Class Number and select Enter.
- Use Find Classes to look up available classes. Select Search.
- To return to myNorthridge, select Back to Portal.
- To exit, select Logout.
To learn more, visit the guide Add a Class.
If after reviewing this guide you would like further assistance, contact the Tseng College or the advisor of your special year-round cohort program listed under "Summer Term" in the Registration Calendar.