CSUN offers a multitude of academic resources and student services to help you connect, grow and thrive. Explore all these campus community opportunities below.
Resources and Services
- Learning Resource Center (LRC) – Get help with math, writing, statistics, chemistry, biology, physics and more. Online and in-person tutoring, workshops and labs are available.
- University Catalog – Official source of CSUN information, university and program accreditations, degree requirements, academic policies and procedures, faculty and administration listings, catalog archive, etc.
- University Library – Not your grandmother’s library. A serious treasure chest of digital and print resources. Online library research assistance, guides and real people to support you.
Special Advising Centers
The following centers serve specific student groups:
- Advising Resource Center (ARC)/EOP – For students who have not yet declared a major. All kinds of academic support and mentoring are available.
- Athletes – Matador Achievement Center – Team meetings and individual advisement with sport-specific advisors, tutoring, and coordinated services to further academic progress and graduation.
- Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) – DRES supports the attainment of academic, professional and personal goals for persons of all abilities. Register with DRES to receive services throughout your CSUN career and beyond as you prepare to graduate and enter the workplace.
- First-Time Freshmen – The Matador Advising Hub (see exceptions at Find Advisor).
International Students – Academic Advisement:
- Academic Advisement for International Freshmen and Transfers on F-1 Visas
- Academic Advisement for International Graduate Students on F-1 Visas – Contact the program coordinator/advisor for your master's, doctorate or certificate program listed in the University Catalog.
- International Students on J-1 Visas – International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) J-1 Visa-holding Exchange Students page
- The International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) provides immigration advisement, assists with health insurance and other visa requirements, and publishes the International Student Handbook (.pdf). Check out IESC’s involvement opportunities and the list of on- and off-campus resources.
- National Center on Deafness (NCOD) – A jewel in CSUN’s crown, NCOD provides communication access, leadership opportunities, academic advisement, and learning resources such as interpreting, tutoring, notetaking, scholarships, and more for deaf/hard-of-hearing students.
- Student Services Centers/EOP Satellites – Advisement for all new EOP students, most continuing freshmen after their first two semesters in The Hub, and most new and continuing transfer students. Seek advisement in the college of your major.
- Student Veterans and Dependents – Visit CSUN Veterans Affairs for assistance with VA education benefits certification if you are applying for the first time, changing benefit category, transferring courses from another school, or adjusting your current class schedule after it was certified.
Class Enrollment/Registration Resources
- Enrollment Programs – Opportunities to study at other CSU campuses, throughout the U.S. and abroad through programs supported by the California State University, including the CSU Fully-Online Courses program.
- How-To Guides – Tutorials and tips for navigating transactions in myNorthridge Portal and the SOLAR Student Center
- Late Add-Drop Classes – Late Registration/Schedule Adjustment rules, dates, procedures and forms.
- Registration Calendar – Key enrollment dates organized by category (class start date, wait-listing, permission numbers, etc.). Print-friendly PDF available.
- Registration Planner – Generate all possible schedule combinations for the classes you select, save favorites and send a desired schedule to your enrollment cart.
- Student Academic Calendar – Chronological list of dates for registration, transcript availability, bachelor’s graduation, and holidays. Filters and RSS feed available.
CSUN Campaigns for Student Success
- Matadors Forward – Resources and updates for the current health situation, academics, student life and more. "Moving forward together."
- Matadors Rising Student Success Resources –Comprehensive list of resources organized by category, including learning resources, campus resources, health and safety, involvement opportunities, and more.
- Mentoring Opportunities –A great way to help student peers as a mentor or to transition to CSUN as a mentee. Mentors are committed to sharing experiences, motivating fellow students and helping them set goals and move toward them.
- Mentoring and Peer Programs at CSUN: A-Z – Yes, there’s more than one mentoring program on campus! Dozens are listed for the Matador Momentum campaign to enable, support, and accelerate first-year student success.
- Student Engagement and Support – A wide variety of student academic and support services and the offices that provide them. Each resource is explained clearly.
- Student Life and Support - Services, resources and events on campus and virtual
CSUN with A HEART (Basic Needs)
Find resources for food, professional clothing, housing, financial support, well-being and communities of support at CSUN.
- CSUN with A HEART
- Matadors Forward – "Moving forward together." Resources and updates for our hybrid fall 2021 semester.
- Student Assistance Resources
Graduate Student Resources
- Academic Advisement for Credential Students
- Academic Advisement for Master's and Doctoral Students
- Graduate Student Events
- Graduate Student Funding
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Grants, Scholarships and Financial Aid Especially for Graduate Students
- Explore events and opportunities in your academic department and college.
- Canvas Guides
- CSUN Mobile App
- IT Help Center
- IT Student Resources (Wi-Fi, cloud storage, cyber security tips, free software and more)
- Zoom (login, tips and tutorials)
- Financial Aid Resources– You don’t need to be a financial aid recipient to benefit from these short videos about paying for college, financial know-how webinars, and a handbook of federal higher education tax benefits, to name a few.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships for Special Groups– Know your options for paying for college based on your student group. Includes financial aid plans for CSU Study Abroad (CSUIP), National Student Exchange (NSE), student veterans and more.
- Scholarships– At last count, 47 scholarship programs and opportunities were available through CSUN campus awards, many colleges and academic departments, and the systemwide CSU Foundation. Check out the off-campus scholarships, too.
- Student Finance / University Cash Services– Find tuition and other fee costs, the fee payment schedule/deadlines, how to allow a parent/guardian to pay your tuition and other fees online, and more. Look for the print-friendly Important Fee Payment Requirements (.pdf) each semester.
Student Life and Well Being
- Associated Students
- Campus Store – CSUN textbooks, rentals, technology, and official gear.
- Career Center
- CSUN Today – Notable news and features about CSUN in the media and the accomplishments of CSUN faculty, students and staff. Search and/or filter by topic.
- Matadors Forward – Resources and updates for our current health situation, academics, student life and more. "Moving forward together."
- Matador Involvement Center - Find volunteer opportunities, hundreds of clubs, etc.
- myNorthridge Current Student – Campus life, cultural events, health and wellness, parking and transportation—it’s all here and more.
- The Soraya – An exquisite venue and the Valley’s center of the performing arts. Line up of virtual events and performances.
- Student Life and Support - Services, resources and events on campus and virtual
- Student Recreation Center - Check out the virtual fitness events as well as reopening details.
- University Events Calendar – Enjoy art exhibits, concerts, film series, public speakers, sporting events, and more.
- University Student Union (USU) Services and Student Recreation Center
- Veterans Resource Center – In the USU. Events, mentoring, wellness and more.
- YOU@CSUN — Personalize your college experience! An online well-being platform that you can personalize to:
- Get well-being tips, take mini-risks, and have fun setting goals.
- Find your dream career, manage stress, sleep well, meet new people, get help with a difficult situation, and anything else.
- Available 24/7/365
- Five-minutes or less: Welcome to the YOU at CSUN Orientation