Learn how to manage complex projects and build and inspire high-performing teams with a master's degree in engineering management.
Why Earn a Master's in Engineering Management?
A master's program in engineering management builds upon your technical skills and prepares you to speak the language of business. You'll gain a well-rounded perspective of what leaders at technology-driven organizations need in order to succeed in today's competitive business landscape.
Why Study Engineering Management at CSUN?
Our Engineering Management program is taught by dedicated faculty with extensive professional engineering management experience. With deep international expertise across various sectors, faculty members understand the importance of a global perspective.
The flexible interdisciplinary curriculum stresses the development of technological decision-making capabilities, while encouraging your continued intellectual growth.
Diverse Student Community
Classes are enriched by the diverse industry experience and backgrounds of the students. Computer scientists, scientists, industrial designers, engineers in all discipline areas and others involved in science and technology bring their experiences to the classroom. The popularity of the program with international students yields first-hand experience in global issues.
What You'll Learn
In our M.S. program, you'll learn to integrate theory and practice. You'll develop analytical and communication skills worthy of a technical leader.
Core course topics include:
- Decision tools for engineering managers
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Engineering economy and financial analysis
- Production and operations management
- Leadership of engineering professionals and high-tech firms
You'll mix and match electives that best align with your career goals, choosing from topics that include:
- Data analytics
- Supply chain management
- Lean manufacturing systems
- Engineering decision analysis
- Quality management
- Six Sigma quality engineering
- Project management
- International engineering management
- Product design
All M.S. students take part in a culminating experience, individually designed between each student and his/her faculty advisor.
Careers & Outcomes
Below are typical titles and potential employers for graduates of the engineering management program.
- Engineering Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- IT Director
- Technical Consultant
- Southern California Edison
- Lockheed Martin
Online M.S. in Engineering Management
Taught by the same faculty as CSUN’s on-campus Engineering Management program, this online option is the same great education, offered where and when you want it. That way, you can keep working full-time as you earn your degree.
Through this program, you will learn how to:
- Manage projects, teams and resources
- Lead technical teams
- Introduce sustainable innovations
- Reduce project risks
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- Optimize production, manufacturing and more
To be considered for admission to CSUN as a master’s student, you will need to:
- Meet university requirements.
- Meet department requirements for the Master of Science in Engineering Management.
- Apply to both the university and the specific graduate program of interest.
Learn more about applying for a master's program at CSUN.