The Department of Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Management seeks to successfully guide students in their acquisition and development of the specialized knowledge and skills essential to the professional practice in the fields of engineering management, manufacturing systems engineering, and materials engineering, all for the betterment of society.
Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Management
Our Mission Statement
Fall 2021 Hours of Operation
*The department may be reached at or 818-677-2167 on virtual days
New Program: The new Engineering Management Technology Program begins Fall 2021. Click here for more information.
- UPDATE on COVID-19: In accordance with University precautions, the Department of Manufacturing Systems & Engineering office continues to operate virtually. Per the CSU Chancellor, Fall 2020 classes will be offered primarily through virtual learning. For more information from the University regarding COVID-19 please click here. To review the Department's COVID-19 Continuity Plan, please click here
- Graduate Admissions Requirements have changed! Please take the time to review the changes - CLICK HERE
- Department Policy on Course Substitutions
- Graduate Students, please note: University Policy on Probation and Disqualification
- As of Spring 2013, students are not allowed to double major and/or have a major AND a minor in the same department.
- The second major must require at least 30 units of additional non-overlapping course work
- The chairs of both departments offering the two majors must sign the approval form
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: All lower division courses must be completed before taking MSE 488A (Senior Design). Senior Design course must be taken in the last two semesters before graduation.