Student Finance


Students enrolling under a University-sanctioned program may have some portion or all of their tuition and other fees paid by a third party sponsoring organization. Third Party Sponsors can be an Employer, Military, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Veterans Services or a Foreign Government. A third Party Sponsorships is a contractual agreement between the sponsoring agency and the University.

Scholarships and Grants are NOT sponsorships. If you have questions about a scholarship or grant, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarship Department or call (818) 677-4085 for more information.


  • The signed authorization/voucher must be submitted to CSUN Student Accounting Office at least one week prior to the fee deadline.
  • A valid authorization should include the followings:
    • Full name of the Student, CSUN ID number or social security number for identification.
    • Covered period either by semester or dates (i.e., Spring 2014 or 1/21/2014 - 5/23/2014).
    • Amount specified or description of all charges related to specific types of fees (i.e., tuition and other fees).
  • Any changes or deletions to the authorization must immediately be emailed in writing to Student Accounting at , so the contract can be adjusted prior to the date the term begins.
  • Authorizations with payment restrictions or conditions (i.e., Student must pass coursework with grade of C or better before authorization is valid) will not be accepted.

Corporate/Organization Sponsorship

Sponsored students must submit signed authorizations from the sponsor to Student Accounting Office by mail, email or fax. For questions regarding sponsorship information contact Student Accounting at (818) 677-6734 or email

Federal Government

A signed authorization, written on letterhead stationery of a recognized branch of the U.S. Federal Government, is required.

Foreign Governments/Embassies

Government sponsored students should submit a Financial Guarantee to all of the following CSUN offices:

  • Office of International Admissions.
  • International and Exchange Student Center (IESC).
  • Student Accounting Department.


An authorization bearing the signature of the commanding officer or recognized official, written on letterhead stationery, or a 1556 or a SF182 form which clearly indicates the sponsoring agency, is required. Conditional authorizations are not accepted.

  • Department of Defense Tuition Assistance Program

Students who are participating in the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance Program may find additional information about tuition rates here:

State Vocational Rehabilitation

A signed authorization from the State Department of Rehabilitation is required.

Veterans Services

Students who are eligible with the Veterans Administration can seek education allowances under provisions of any Veterans Act. Students who wish to draw benefits, and are enrolled for any semester, are required to have their current program on file with the CSUN VA Certifying Official, who can be reached at (818) 677-5928 or email


  • The employer/agency will be invoiced for the authorized amount, or actual, if less, approximately 30 days after the start of the semester.
  • Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date with full invoice amount. It should be mailed to the address on the invoice, with a copy of the invoice for proper credit.
  • If the employer/agency does not assume responsibility for the full amount of registration fees, the student will be responsible to pay the difference by the published due date.