The eLearning institute was redesigned in 2017 through a collaboration between the Faculty Technology Center, Faculty Development, and the Office of Student Success Innovations to incorporate inclusive teaching principles and practices in addition to a variety of eLearning tools and pedagogical strategies to effectively reach and engage students.
As part of the Matador’s Rising initiative, this year priority will be given to faculty teaching courses that freshmen are most likely to take in their first year and that have high rates of non-passing grades and considerable opportunity gaps.
Those participating in the eLearning program will receive three (3) units of reassigned time to be used during the 2018-19 academic year and will be expected to:
- Attend a two-day pre-Institute workshop on May 22-23, 2018 from 9AM to 5PM
- Attend a one-week eLearning Institute during the summer (either June 25-29 or July 23-27, 2018 from 9AM to 4PM)
- Complete a project plan
- Apply inclusive teaching principles and pedagogical strategies using technology in either a Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 course
- Measure and share the results in an online report
- Participate in eLearning community meetings during the academic year
Applications are now closed.