Option Guidelines (Catalog Year: Spring 2018 and prior)
Option Guidelines (Catalog Year: Fall 2018 and on)
Requirements for Admission
- Requirements for Admission to the English MA Program
- Students may take qualifying courses through: Tseng College Open University
Apply for Admission
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Apply for Admission to the English MA Program
- Application for Fall 2022: Open October 1, 2021-June 1, 2022
- Applications for Spring 2023: Will open August 1, 2022-November 1, 2022
- Application for Fall 2023: Will open October 1, 2022-June 1, 2023
Due to impaction, Admissions and Records requires a minimum of 3 months to review all applications once all transcripts are in their hands. Additionally, students who require financial aid should note that it will take another 2 months (or more) for monies to be awarded from time of acceptance into the program. Due to these constraints, we encourage all prospective students to apply by October 1, 2017 for Spring 2018 admittance. If you are unable to meet this suggested date, you might consider applying for Fall 2018
Class Schedules and Registration Information
- Spring 2020 Semester Registration Calendar
- Class Search
- Schedule of Classes (SOC) and Registration Guide
- How to register
- Spring 2020 Wait list for closed classes From your registration appointment through January 26th, 2020
- Add/Drop Policy
- How To Guides for Students
- As a Cal State Northridge student, you'll view and manage your academic, financial and personal information using the CSUN student portal called myNorthridge.
Teacher Associate Program
Teaching Associates have the opportunity to teach our first-year writers as sole instructors in the classroom. Graduate students are eligible if they have completed one or more of the following: ENGL 525WS (or equivalent course in Composition Studies); Two Semesters of Work as a Supplemental Instructor; One year of previous experience teaching at the high school level. For more information, please refer to the Teaching Associate Application Packet.
Tuition and Fees, Financial Opportunities
- Is the Master's Program an online program?
No, our department's M.A. program is not an online program. It was temporarily online due to COVID-19 healthy and safety protocols, but has transitioned back to campus. Expect your graduate courses to be face-to-face.