Requirements for Admission
- Requirements for Admission to the English MA Program
- Qualifying Course List (.pdf) If you do not have a BA in English, you must take 8 courses (24 semester units) from this list.
- Students may take qualifying courses through: Tseng College Open University
Apply for Admission
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Apply for Admission to the English MA Program
- Applications for Fall 2017: Application Filing Period: Closed
- Applications for Spring 2018: opens August 1, 2017-November 1, 2017
- Application for Fall 2018: opens October 1, 2017-May 1, 2018
Due to impaction, Admissions and Records requires a minimum of 3 months to review all applications once all transcripts are in their hands. Additionally, students who require financial aid should note that it will take another 2 months (or more) for monies to be awarded from time of acceptance into the program. Due to these constraints, we encourage all prospective students to apply by October 1, 2017 for Spring 2018 admittance. If you are unable to meet this suggested date, you might consider applying for Fall 2018
Requirements for the Degree
Class Schedules and Registration Information
- Fall 2018 Semester Registration Calendar
- Spring 2018 Tentative English Graduate Course Schedule and Course Descriptions
- Class Search
- Schedule of Classes (SOC) and Registration Guide
- How to register
- Fall 2018 Wait list for closed classes From your registration appointment through September 3, 2018
- Add/Drop Policy
- How To Guides for Students
- As a Cal State Northridge student, you'll view and manage your academic, financial and personal information using the CSUN student portal called myNorthridge.
Teacher Associate Program
The English Department at California State University Northridge has developed an especially strong program for training teachers in teaching first year composition. Composition is the most universally required course in colleges and universities today. If you are interested in preparing for a teaching career, especially in post-secondary education, you will want to apply. The English Department offers a limited number of openings for Classified Graduate Students who wish to be Teaching Associates.
Fall 2019 Teaching Associate Application
Deadline: November 9, 2018
Tuition and Fees, Financial Opportunities
For frequently asked questions click HERE.