The Schedule of Classes (SOC) Registration Guide provides information to successfully enroll in classes each term, including dates and deadlines, registration instructions, and academic policies pertaining to enrollment. One key component is using the Registration Planner (login required) to start planning your schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Know when to register, wait list, repeat courses, pay tuition/fees and make late schedule changes. See: Registration Calendar.
- Activate your CSUN user ID and password to access self-service registration through myNorthridge Portal. Read: Security Tips.
- Clear holds that may prevent you from enrolling in classes, including the Title IX "Not Anymore" hold.
- Make every unit count! See an academic advisor or graduate program coordinator. Plan ahead using degree planning tools.
- Understand academic policies for attendance, course requisites, credit/no credit grading, maximum unit load, repeating courses, and withdrawing.
- Use Class Search to preview classes months before enrollment begins. Access Class Search from the CSUN home page (no login required), through myNorthridge Portal (log in), or in the CSUN Mobile App.
- Use the Registration Planner (login required) to generate schedules for the classes you want, choose a desired schedule and send it to your enrollment shopping cart, and/or fit a new class into your schedule. The Registration Planner Guide has more information on how to use this tool.
- Begin registering when your enrollment appointment arrives and thereafter. Add, drop or swap classes online during registration periods.
- Drop classes you no longer want during the first three weeks of instruction to avoid getting a grade of “WU” (unauthorized withdrawal), which counts as an “F” in GPA calculation. Formal, written approval is required to change your schedule beginning with Week 4. See: Late Add-Drop Classes.
- Check your account balance whenever you add or drop classes. Pay tuition and other fees before the deadlines published in the Fee Payment Schedule. Log into myNorthridge and select Financial Matters tab > My Financial Obligations box > View Account Information link. For help: View My Student Account Information Guide and Important Fee Payment Requirements (.pdf)
The CSU Board of Trustees approved a tuition increase at their March 21-22, 2017 board meeting. For details, see CSUN Tuition and Other Fees.