Always review the My Checklist and My Financial Obligations pagelets in the myNorthridge Portal for document request deadlines and personalized information about your financial aid status.
- October 1 is the first day you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application (CDAA) for the next academic year.
- November is when students will receive their Cal Grant Eligibility Notification from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)
- February is when students must create a WebGrants for Students (WG4S) account and confirm their school of attendance or make a school change to claim their Cal Grant award.
- March 2 is the annual priority filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act application. To be considered for all available financial aid funds in the upcoming academic year, you must apply by March 2 of the current academic year.
- April to May is when documents should be submitted if you are required to submit them. Review your financial aid to-do list beginning in early April to determine if any documents are being requested. If documents are required, check your email from Financial Aid to find the document deadline. By submitting your documents by this deadline, your fall enrollment will be protected until your financial aid eligibility can be determined. If you are not able to submit the required documents by the deadline due to circumstances out of your control, speak with a Financial Aid Representative for further instructions. If you miss the deadline or are ultimately not awarded grant assistance and do not accept the loans offered, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and fees according to established fee payment deadlines. For information on tuition fee payment, please go to the University Cash Services website. Note: Documents are processed in the date order received and review of submitted documents can take up to 9 weeks.
- Mid to late June is when the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department does an annual review of your academic record (if you are a continuing student). The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal deadline will be determined at that time. Please check back for additional information.
- Mid to late June is when continuing students will be awarded (provided financial aid file is complete)
- August is when, beginning 10 days before the semester, Financial Aid starts releasing financial aid funds to University Cash Services. UCS will apply funds to any charges on your account and issue a balance check for any remaining funds. Sign up for e-refund by early August to receive your balance check via direct deposit to your checking account. The first refund checks will be processed a few days before the Fall semester begins.